Andrew graduated from the University of Cambridge in 1994 and was appointed as a Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine and Anaesthetics at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Addenbrooke's Hospital) in 2006.
He has held several senior positions in the Trust including Specialty Lead for Critical Care, Medical Examiner, and Lead Clinician for the Vascular Access Team.
He has many years of experience in vascular access and offers a comprehensive vascular access service covering all aspects of the insertion, care, and removal of central venous lines including portacaths, tunnelled lines (Hickman lines), and PICCS.
- Long-term vascular access
- Anaesthesia for upper gastro-intestinal surgery
- Care of the critically ill and deteriorating patient
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
Other posts held
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Addenbrooke's Hospital). Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine and Anaesthetics