Dr Ananth Kidambi
BMBCh (Oxon) , MA (Cantab) , PhD FRCP
GMC number: 6102444
Practicing since: 2004
- Wednesdays 9am - 6pm
Or call us on
Dr. Ananth Kidambi is an expert Consultant Cardiologist, subspecialising in General Cardiology, heart valve disease, and advanced cardiac imaging techniques. He is devoted to taking to time to understand patients’ problems and inform them about their conditions, with management backed by the latest research, guidelines and diagnostic tests as required. With over 18 years’ experience, Dr Kidambi trained in Oxford and Cambridge Universities, before obtaining his PhD and completing his Cardiology training rotation in Leeds.
He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Leeds University, with over 70 peer-reviewed publications, book chapters and is a co-author of the popular Cardiac MRI pocket guides. Dr Kidambi is a national examiner for both Advanced Life Support and the British Society of Echocardiography. He is an Educational supervisor for Cardiology trainees in Leeds, and has previously been a mentor for the Royal College of Physicians.
Dr Kidambi has worked as a full-time Consultant Cardiologist in Leeds Teaching Hospitals since 2016, and received a Clinical Excellence Award for his work. Aside from general and acute cardiology, he subspecialises in advanced echo and MRI imaging and heart valve disease. He works as the Clinical Informatics Lead for Cardiology at Leeds Teaching Hospitals, and the Cardiac MRI governance lead.
Dr Kidambi is familiar with cardiac conditions including the following:
- Heart imaging including echo, TOE, treadmill testing, Cardiac MRI and Cardiac CT
- ECG and ambulatory ECG monitoring
- COVID-related heart disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Atrial fibrillation
- Hypertension and blood pressure monitoring
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disease including mitral regurgitation and aortic stenosis
- DVLA driving assessments
- Swollen ankles
- Cardiac screening
- Cardiac assessment prior to surgery or travel
- Heart Valve Disease
- Cardiac imaging
- Stress Echo
- Transoesophageal echocardiography
- Cardiac MRI
Outside of the hospital, Dr Kidambi enjoys playing with and caring for his 4-year-old daughter. She is currently into unicorns.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Ananth Kidambi at Nuffield Health
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
Locations Dr Ananth Kidambi works with
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (London)
- British Medical Association
- British Cardiovascular Society
- European Society of Cardiology
- British Society of Echocardiography
- European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging
- British Heart Valve Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Cardiologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals
Insurers Dr Ananth Kidambi works with
Dr Ananth Kidambi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Ananth Kidambi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Ananth Kidambi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Ananth Kidambi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.