Dr Amit Saha trained as an undergraduate at King's College London and during this time completed his MBBS, BSc (Pharmacology) and was awarded the status of Associate of King's College London. Dr Saha has had extensive training in all aspects of Rheumatology and General Internal Medicine. This has included training at the Professorial unit at King's College Hospital and in the Louise Coote Lupus unit at St Thomas'. During this time, Dr Amit Saha was awarded an MSc in Rheumatology (Distinction), an MA in Education and won a Bursary for his research which was based on measuring disease activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Dr Amit Saha has GMC specialist accreditation in Rheumatology and General Internal Medicine and is a Consultant Rheumatologist (Clinical Lead) for both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals.
Dr Saha has developed a keen interest in education and was a London Deanery sponsored Fellow in Medical Education.
Foundation Year 2 Programme Director
Cross country running
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Amit Saha at Nuffield Health
- Rheumatology profiles
- Nerve conduction study
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Bone density scanning (DXA)
- MRI scan
- Osteoporosis screen
- Saha A, Agarwal S and Gibson T. Septic ARTHRITIS: An Extensive Variety of Pathology. BMJ Case Reports. 2009 (DOI:10.1136/BCR.03.2009.1642).
- Saha AK,Rachapalli S, Steer S, and Gordon P. Bilateral Partoid Gland Swelling in Wegener’s GRANULOMATOSIS. Annuals of Rhemantic Diseases. 68. 1233-1234.
- Saha AK and D’Cruz D. New Potential Therapies For the treatment of Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents, 19(1) 13-22, 2009.
- G.H. Kingsley, A. Saha, E. H. Choy and D. L. Scott. Comparative Systemic Review of TNF-Inhibitors and Intensive Dmard Regimens in RA suggests Similar Efficacy. Rheumatology, I30, 46 (SUPP), April, 2007.
- Amit K Saha, Satish Rachapalli and Patrick Gordon. Bilateral Parotid Gland Swelling in Wegener’s Granulomatosis. Rheumatology, II133, 47 (SUPP), April, 2008.
- Amit K Saha, Sangita Agarwal and Terrence Gibson. Neisseria Elongata Glycolytica Septic Arthritis. Rheumatology, I117, 48 (SUPP) April, 2009.
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Rheumatology
Other post held
- Clinical Lead for Rheumatology, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust