Dr Amit Saha trained as an undergraduate at King's College London and during this time completed his MBBS, BSc (Pharmacology) and was awarded the status of Associate of King's College London. Dr Saha has had extensive training in all aspects of Rheumatology and General Internal Medicine. This has included training at the Professorial unit at King's College Hospital and in the Louise Coote Lupus unit at St Thomas'. During this time, Dr Amit Saha was awarded an MSc in Rheumatology (Distinction), an MA in Education and won a Bursary for his research which was based on measuring disease activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Dr Amit Saha has GMC specialist accreditation in Rheumatology and General Internal Medicine and is a Consultant Rheumatologist (was clinical lead for Rheumatology for over five years) for both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals.
Dr Saha is currently a senior lecturer at the Kent and Medway Medical School.
· Inflammatory joint diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthropathies and psoriatic arthritis)
· Soft tissue rheumatology
· Connective tissue diseases such as Lupus and Sjogren’s disease
· Pain management
· Back pain
· Polymyalgia Rheumatica
· Giant Cell Arteritis
· Medical legal reports
Cross country running
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Amit Saha at Nuffield Health
- Rheumatology profiles
- Drug therapy
- Local anaesthetic
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Bone density scanning (DXA)
- MRI scan
- Osteoporosis screen
- Steroid injections
- Saha A, Agarwal S and Gibson T. Septic ARTHRITIS: An Extensive Variety of Pathology. BMJ Case Reports. 2009 (DOI:10.1136/BCR.03.2009.1642).
- Saha AK,Rachapalli S, Steer S, and Gordon P. Bilateral Partoid Gland Swelling in Wegener’s GRANULOMATOSIS. Annuals of Rhemantic Diseases. 68. 1233-1234.
- Saha AK and D’Cruz D. New Potential Therapies For the treatment of Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents, 19(1) 13-22, 2009.
- G.H. Kingsley, A. Saha, E. H. Choy and D. L. Scott. Comparative Systemic Review of TNF-Inhibitors and Intensive Dmard Regimens in RA suggests Similar Efficacy. Rheumatology, I30, 46 (SUPP), April, 2007.
- Amit K Saha, Satish Rachapalli and Patrick Gordon. Bilateral Parotid Gland Swelling in Wegener’s Granulomatosis. Rheumatology, II133, 47 (SUPP), April, 2008.
- Amit K Saha, Sangita Agarwal and Terrence Gibson. Neisseria Elongata Glycolytica Septic Arthritis. Rheumatology, I117, 48 (SUPP) April, 2009.
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
Other posts held
- • Foundation Year 2 Programme Director for Maidstone Hospital and Senior Lecturer at the Kent and Medway Medical School.
Insurers Dr Amit Saha works with
Dr Amit Saha works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Police Mutual
- The Exeter Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA