After holding academic positions at the University of Birmingham as well as at Nottingham University Hospitals, I went on to complete sub-specialty Musculoskeletal Radiology training at Nottingham University Hospitals and was an Honorary Registrar at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham. Following that he completed a one year Musculoskeletal Fellowship at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and was based at the Radiology Academy there.
Specialist Imaging covered includes: Orthopaedic and post operative imaging, Sports and Trauma, Rheumatology and Arthritis, Bone and soft tissue Tumours and Sarcomas as well as haematological malignancies, Spinal and peripheral nerve disorders.
The scope of Dr Char's work encompasses musculoskeletal radiology with a focus on interventional musculoskeletal procedures. He reports all modalities of MSK imaging and performs all ultrasound, x-ray and CT guided musculoskeletal procedures including joint, spinal and arthrographic injections. He is currently one of the lead radiologists on the sarcoma, rheumatology and orthopaedic clinical imaging meetings (MDT). His work also includes general radiology and non MSK imaging.
- Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals: September 2013-August 2014. Dr Char reported and performed all modalities of musculoskeletal imaging including a vast experience of ultrasound, MRI and CT imaging at one the UK’s premier radiology institutes. He also performed image guided joint injections and spinal procedures including injections, biopsies and vertebroplasties.
- Honorary Musculoskeletal Radiology Registrar, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham: August 2012-December 2012. Dr Char gained exposure to oncological musculoskeletal intervention, orthopaedic and spinal oncology and complex spinal deformity surgery.
- Clinical Radiology Registrar, East Midlands Deanery training scheme (Nottingham, Derby and Mansfield): August 2010-August 2013
- Clinical Radiology Teaching Fellow (Academic), University of Nottingham Medical School: June 2009-August 2010
- Anatomy Demonstrator (Academic), University of Birmingham Medical School: January 2009-June 2009
- Radiologist, Bangalore, India: February 2007-December 2008
Diagnostic Musculoskeletal and Spine imaging.
X rays, Flouroscopy, Ultrasound, CT and MRI reporting.
Philosophy, geography, cinema, sports, world history, social justice initiatives and comparative religion
English and Kannada
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Amit Char at Nuffield Health
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Diagnostic approach to paediatric soft tissue masses- Analysis of 487 cases at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham (Clinical Radiology 2013; 68: S17)
- MRI Orbit, British Medical Journal, British Medical Journal (Clinical research ed.) 01/2012; 344:e373-
- Lateral Chest Radiograph, British Medical Journal (Clinical research ed.) 01/2012; 344:e517
- Teleradiology in an Inaccessible Area Of Northern India: (Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare 2010; 16: 110–113, Royal Society of Medicine)
- PET CT of the New Nodal Zonal Classification: a pictorial review based on the new 2009 TNM (7th edition) classification of lung cancer (Nuclear Medicine Communications 2010; 31 (5):460
- Utility Of PET-CT In The Routine Follow Up Of HNSCC Following Chemo/Radiotherapy (Nuclear Medicine Communications 2010; 31 (5): 460
- PET CT in the management of Colo-rectal Cancer Patients: a review of our practice (Nuclear Medicine Communications 2010; 31 (5): 465
- Periprosthetic Amyloidoma-Case presentation, International Skeletal Society, Edinburgh October 2014
- September 2013: Diagnostic approach to paediatric soft tissue masses-Analysis of 487 cases at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, RCR Scientific Meeting, London
- April 2013 and May 2012: GP Ultrasound Referrals for Soft Tissue Lumps at Royal Derby Hospitals, GP /Primary Care Focus Group, RDH.
- June 2010; Accuracy of PET-CT In The Routine Follow Up Of HNSCC Following Chemo/Radiotherapy, Audit Meeting, Nottingham University Hospitals
- April, 2010; PET CT of the New Nodal Zonal Classification, British Nuclear Medicine Society Conference, Harrogate
- April, 2010; Utility Of PET-CT In The Routine Follow Up Of HNSCC Following Chemo/Radiotherapy, British Nuclear Medicine Society Conference, Harrogate
- March, 2010; Imaging in Neuro-Psychiatry, Peer Group Meeting of Psychiatrists in Training, West Midlands Deanery, Birmingham
- Interpreting Laboratory and Radiological Investigations: Interactive case based symposium; Final year medical students, University of Nottingham
- Fellow Royal College of Radiologists
- Founding Member Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
- British Medical Association
- Indian Radiology and Imaging Association
Other post held
- Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist,Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Trust
Dr Amit Char does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Amit Char does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Amit Char does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.