Dr Matthews graduated in Medicine with Commendation from the University of Dundee in 2007, followed by post-graduate medical training in Edinburgh and Dermatology training in Glasgow. He has been a Consultant Dermatologist with NHS Fife since 2015.
His training and practice covers all aspects of dermatology including acne, eczema and psoriasis. He is particularly passionate about the prevention and early diagnosis of skin cancer through screening and education.
Dr Matthews leads the paediatric dermatology service in NHS Fife and also has a specialist interest in male genital skin disease and sports dermatology.
Dr Matthews is Lead Dermatologist for the PGA European Tour. He understands the specific skin problems often experienced by sportspeople and the importance of considering training, competition schedule and therapeutic implications when planning effective management for athletes.
- General Dermatology
- Skin cancer screening
- Paediatric dermatology
- Male genital skin disease
- Sports dermatology
- Skin surgery including mole removal
- British Association of Dermatology
- Scottish Dermatological Society (NHS Fife, Regional Representative)
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Scottish Paediatric Dermatology Special Interest Group
Other posts held
- Queen Margaret Hospital, Dunfermline and Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy