Dr Lawson was appointed as a Consultant at the Royal Derby Hospital in June 2009. He has also been an Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor with the
University of Nottingham since 2014. He graduated from the University of Nottingham in 1997 and trained in Gastroenterology and Hepatology in the Trent region and Liver Transplant Unit at St James Hospital, Leeds. He appears on the specialist register for both Gastroenterology and Hepatology, and performs upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy and ERCP.
Dr Lawson is experienced in the management of the spectrum of gastrointestinal disease and has a special interest and sub-specialty accreditation in the management of liver disease.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Adam Lawson at Nuffield Health
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
Dr Lawson is part of a UK-wide network of researchers conducting a Medical Research Council (MRC) funded £2 million study of Hepatitis C infection. He has previously published papers on Hepatitis C, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Coeliac disease.
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Medical Association
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- European Association for the Study of the Liver
- Medical Protection Society
- Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor (University of Nottingham, School of Medicine)
Other post held
- Consultant Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist, Royal Derby Hospital Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Adam Lawson works with
Dr Adam Lawson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Adam Lawson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Adam Lawson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Adam Lawson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.