Dr Bray has been a Consultant Dermatologist since 2011. He cares for adult patients with all skin problems, but specialises in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer.
He has advanced training in Dermatological surgery, including Mohs micrographic surgery, and reconstruction.
Dr Bray gained his undergraduate degree at The University of Edinburgh Medical School before training in general internal medicine in Scotland and Cornwall.
He trained as a specialist in Dermatology and Dermatological surgery in Bristol and Bath for four years before gaining his consultant post. Dr Bray trained in advanced Dermatological surgery with Mohs micrographic surgery at the Welsh Institute of Dermatology, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff for three years part time alongside his consultant work. He established and leads the Mohs service in Bristol.He is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Bristol and an elected member of the British Society for Dermatological Surgery (BSDS) Executive Committee.
His main areas of interest are as follows:
- Skin cancer
- Mole checks
- Mole removal
- Skin lesion assessment
- Rash assessment
- General dermatology
Dr Bray enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children. He is also a keen photographer and enjoys mountain biking, surfing and skiing.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Adam Bray at Nuffield Health
- Mole assessment
- Mole removal
- Skin cancer surgery
Dr Bray’s main research interests are in improving skin surgery outcomes and patient safety. He is leading the British Society of Dermatological Surgery Mohs surgery minimum dataset recording project.He also developed a national surgical log tool which is used across the country. Ongoing research includes a study on links to depression with Isotretinoin use for acne.
Key Recent Publications:
- An unusual case of bilateral pyoderma gangrenosum with achilles tendon rupture. Fremlin GA, Rawlings C, Livingstone JA, Bray AP. Br J Dermatol. 2015 Feb: 172 (2): 522-6
- Full-thickness skin grafts for lower leg defects: An effective repair option. Audrain H, Bray A, De Berker D. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Apr; 41(4): 493-8
- Clinical triage of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma to avoid treatment delay: value of an electronic booking system. G A Fremlin, A P J J Bray, and D A De Berker. Clin Exp Dermatol 2014 vol. 39 (6) p.689
- Principal investigator: Liver fibrosis screening for patients with psoriasis taking methotrexate: a cross-sectional study comparing transient elastography and live biopsy. Bray, A.P.J.J., Barnova, I., Prezemioslo, R. and Kennedy, C.T.C. British Journal of Dermatology 2012 166: 1125-1127
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
- Member of the British Association of Dermatologists
- Executive Committee Member of the British Society of Dermatological Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- Honorary Consultant Dermatologist, Southmead Hospital
Insurers Dr Adam Bray works with
Dr Adam Bray works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr Adam Bray does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Adam Bray does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Adam Bray does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.