Cystic Fibrosis guidelines for gym attendance
In order to stay safe and have fun at Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Centres, members with Cystic Fibrosis and their families must adhere to the following rules.
- Always pre-book your
training session with the Personal Trainers before you arrive at the centre and
swipe in with your membership card when entering the club to reduce the risk of
- Supervision of exercise sessions in the gym area is only to be undertaken by the fitness trainers. Under 5’s can have access to our pools, children aged 5- 17 years will have one to one personal training sessions with our specialist CF trained personal trainers. These sessions are once per week.
- A parent/carer
should always attend with the child/young person and is required to stay on
site during this period. We also offer family memberships for any family members living at the same address of the child/young person on the programme, you can find out more about this offer by emailing email@example.com
- As with normal infection control procedures, there must only be one CF child in the gym at any one time. There may be a second child in the pool. Always check this at reception on arrival at the gym.
- We ask that families dispose of all secretions expectorated during gym sessions at home. It is essential therefore that each child brings a plastic bag for tissues to the gym, and that this is then taken home for disposal. Please DO NOT put these bags in the gym refuse bins.
- Please ensure the equipment is wiped down after each use by you or the fitness trainer.
- Wear suitable clothes and trainers to the gym. No bare feet are permitted in the gym area. Take a warm top with you to put on after training.
- Take a water bottle with you to the gym. You will be able to fill up your bottle with water at the gym.
- Don’t forget to take any medication you may need with you to the gym
- And remember...have fun!
Research: Nuffield Health participates in national audits and initiatives to help ensure that patients are getting the best possible outcomes from their treatment and care. Nuffield Health will use your personal data in order to monitor the outcome of your treatment at Nuffield Health and any treatment associated with your care, including any NHS treatment. The highest standards of confidentiality will be applied to your personal data in accordance with data protection law and confidentiality. Any publishing of this data will be in anonymised statistical form. Anonymous or aggregated data may be used by Nuffield Health, or disclosed to others, for research or statistical purposes and registered with such bodies.