Blood tests made easy
When you're concerned about your health, waiting for tests and results can be an anxious time.
That’s why we're proud to offer Pathology Direct – a quick and easy self-pay service available at 30 Nuffield Health hospitals across the country.
How it works
- If you have a referral from your Consultant or GP with a list of tests they have requested, we can arrange the blood test for you without delay
- If you have not seen a doctor but still wish to access the service, we can arrange blood tests for you from a list that have been clinically approved by our GPs
- If there is a test you require that is not on this list, we recommend you see a GP to discuss your requirements and arrange a referral.
Should you wish to arrange a consultation with a Nuffield Health GP to help identify which blood tests may be appropriate for your health concerns, you can access the Nuffield Health Private GP Service on 0333 920 9345.
Pathology Direct is a self-pay service to provide access to blood tests and results to patients quickly. Please note:
- We do not provide interpretation of the blood results, so it is important you take your results to a doctor for review
- If a result requires immediate attention, one of our Nuffield Health GPs will contact you to discuss this further (immediate attention is defined as critical values as outlined by the Royal College of Pathologists). Please note, your personal and contact details will only be shared with a Nuffield Health GP in this instance
- You won't be able to use insurance/ health plans to order or pay for tests. We can issue credit/ debit card receipts, but itemised invoices can't be provided.