- Professor Rockall was first appointed as Consultant surgeon in 2000 and is currently a Consultant Surgeon at The Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford and Professor of Surgery at Surrey University. He is immediate Past President of The Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ALSGBI) and a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Academy of Surgical Educators.
He specialises in laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery and has a particular interest and expertise in laparoscopic colorectal surgery. The Royal Surrey County Hospital is a National Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery Training Centre.
He was previously Senior Lecturer at Imperial College, London in the department of Surgical Technology and Oncology and Honorary Consultant at St. Mary's Hospital London, where he directed the clinical robotics programme.
He has held the position of Director of the Minimal Access Therapy Unit (Mattu) in Guildford since 2003. The Mattu convenes over 50 laparoscopic courses each year and regularly transmits live surgery and lectures to an international audience. The Mattu has an active research programme within the field of laparoscopic colorectal surgery, enhanced recovery and minimally invasive technologies including 3D imaging.
Active MD / PhD research programme in a number of surgical fields including minimally invasive surgery, enhanced recovery after surgery and new technology.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Timothy Rockall at Nuffield Health
- Colorectal surgery
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Barium Meal or Enema
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Hernia repair surgery
Active research in the fields of gastrointestinal bleeding, laparoscopic colorectal surgery, enhanced recovery and robotic surgery.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons England
- European Association for Endoscopic Surgery
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Other post held
- Consultant Surgeon Royal Surrey Country Hospital NHS Trust
- Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital
- Professor of Surgery University of Surrey
Insurers Professor Timothy Rockall works with
Professor Timothy Rockall works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Timothy Rockall does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Timothy Rockall does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Timothy Rockall does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.