Professor Steve White is a Consultant Laparoscopic, Liver and Pancreas Surgeon at the Freeman Hospital and Newcastle University. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and on the court of examiners. He graduated with Honours in Surgery from the University of Leicester and was awarded a Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) for research.
His surgical training included rotations in Leicester and the Leeds Liver Unit and won numerous prestigious fellowships.
He is one of only a few Gallbladder, Liver and Pancreas specialists in the UK that works in a supra-specialist liver and pancreas unit that also includes transplantation. He has an international reputation in laparoscopic surgery and was recently made a Professor of Surgery. He has one of the largest personal series of laparoscopic liver/pancreas and gallbladder resections in the UK but also specialises in less complex laparoscopic surgery for gallstones and hernias. He also sees complex patients from overseas and does complex medicolegal work.
Professor White is also a medical advisor to The National Institute of Clinical Excellence and is a on the National Cancer Peer Review Team. He is also on the council of the Surgical Academic Society of Great Britain and Ireland and The British Transplant Society.
- All aspects of Gallbladder, Liver and Pancreatic surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Gallstones/Hernias)
- Bile duct injury/cancer
- Tumour Ablation Therapy
- Liver Transplantation
- Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Steve White at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Excision of skin lesion
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
Professor White has published over 200 research articles and written chapters for various surgical text books on laparoscopic surgery. He has his own research group within the University of Newcastle and has been awarded nearly £4 million in research funding. His research interests include cancer of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas in addition to cell transplantation.
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons of Great Britain
- Associations of Surgeons of Great Britain &
- The International Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Association
- The Pancreatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons
Other posts held
- Consultant Hepatobiliary, Laparoscopic and Liver Transplant Surgeon The Freeman Hospital
- Professor of HPB and Liver Transplant Surgery, The University of Newcastle upon Tyne