Professor Al Abadie is currently the Clinical Director and Consultant Dermatologist for North Cumbria integrated NHS Foundation Trust. Previously and since 1997 he was a Consultant Dermatologist and in the latter years was a Clinical Director at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust. He comes with extensive experience as a Consultant, Clinical Lead, Director and Academic. As a Consultant and Director role, he established many ground-breaking and innovative services, including the creation of the Clinical Fellowship programme in Dermatology training for Junior Doctors as well as establishing and promoting Nurse-Led Clinics in Dermatology, Skin Cancer, Ultraviolet Light, Patch testing, Photo Dynamic Therapy, General and Biological therapy.
Professor Al Abadie is a fully accredited Dermatologist within the GMC. He holds a Doctorate Degree in Dermatology, Sheffield (PhD), Diploma in Dermatology, Cardiff (DSBD), Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, London (FRCP), Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh (FRCP) and Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow (FRCP). Membership of the European Academy of Dermatology (EADV) and Formal International Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology.
His academic career includes holding Honorary University contracts as Clinical Lecturer, Clinical Senior Lecturer and Professor. Currently, he is an Honorary Professor at the University of Central Lancashire Medical School (UCLAN). He is an examiner for OSCE, Speciality Board and Medical Doctorate Degree (MD). Previously he was Clinical Lead for teaching medical students and Senior Academy Tutor.
Professor Al Abadie is a renowned, internationally recognised speaker and Chairman at meetings in the UK and the continent. He has had numerous critically acclaimed medical journal publications leading to many research interests and collaborations both nationally and worldwide.
His private practice is mainly at the
prestigious Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital and previously Harley Street, London. He has a
wide range of interests and hobbies including Oil Painting, Classical Music and
- Skin Rashes, dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis
- Acne & rosacea
- Allergy testing
- Lesions, mole assessment i.e cosmetic removal, melanoma, skin lesions
- Pigmentation problems hypo and hyperpigmentation
- Hair loss – investigation and treatment
Classical Music, Travel, football.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Mohammed Al Abadie at Nuffield Health
- Skin surgery
- Mole removal
- Skin pigmentation
- Dermatological surgery
- Mole assessment
- Excision of skin lesion
Professor Al Abadie is also a national and international speaker with a long list of publications in Peer Review, Medical Journals, including the Rook Textbook of Dermatology. He has also chaired many meetings - most recently in Munich and Dubai.
- Research in Noval treatment of Excimer Laser & Needling Technique in moderate to severe vitiligo.
- Re-Cell – cell culture of melanocytes into affected areas of vitiligo -research new treatment for vitiligo
- New Cosmetic Treatment for Sebaceous Hyperplasia (under research)
- Treatment of Stretch marks with Needling Technique (under research)
- Investigation of causes of hair loss in women.
- Tele-dermatology research. Assessing the various aspects of such technology in Dermatology practice in the city and rural areas.
- In studying the psychological, psychosocial aspects and stress related factor in-patients with skin disorders. Currently researching eczema, vitiligo, rosacea and hair loss.
- Immunopathological studies on the localisation of neuropeptides and different neuronal markers in the pathogenesis of skin disorders including psoriasis, eczema, nodular prurigo and vitiligo.
- Clinical trials
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physician (FRCP) Glasgow
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) Edinburgh
- Doctorate degree (PhD) Sheffield
- Member European Academy of Dermatology (MEADV)
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Medical Association
Insurers Professor Mohammed Al Abadie works with
Professor Mohammed Al Abadie works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Mohammed Al Abadie does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Mohammed Al Abadie does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Mohammed Al Abadie does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.