Professor Liu is a Consultant Ophthalmologist with special interest in:
Haute cuisine, classical music, fine art, freemasonry and travelling.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Christopher Liu at Nuffield Health
- Cataract Surgery
1. Clinical outcome, Biomaterials including Synthetic OOKP (with Professor Brian Tighe's group at the Aston University and Professor Andrew Lloyd's group at the University of Brighton)
2. Optical cylinder design (with Professor Chris Hull, City University)
3. Imaging of OOKP laminae (with Dr Panyotis Koumellis)
4. Histopathology (with Professor Ian Cree, Portsmouth University).
1. Patient safety and delivery of surgery: immediately sequential bilateral cataract surgery
2. "Cataract surgery by appointment"
3. Risk stratification for cataract surgery
4. Surgical technique: iris retraction hooks, capsular tension rings, prosthetic devices, "bowl and snail", "black on clear", polypseudophakia (primary and secondary).
Lens capsular behaviour:
Laboratory models and clinical studies
Aspects of external eye disease (e.g. pterygium surgery)
Extensive list of published work of over 200 publications available on request.
- British Society of Refractive Surgery
- The Medical Contact Lens Ocular Surface Association
- International Ocular Society
- United Kingdom/Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- Brighton Sussex Medico-Chirurgical Society
- Fellow Royal Society of Medicine
- Fellow Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Oxford Ophthalmologists Congress
- Southern Ophthalmologists Society
- International KPro Study Group
- European Association for Vision and Eye Research
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- European Contact Lens Society of Ophthalmologists
- Fellow College of Ophthalmologists of Hong Kong
- Foundation Fellow Hong Kong Academy of Medicine
- Hong Kong Ophthalmological Society
Other post held
- Sussex Eye Hospital, Brighton
- Honorary Clinical Professor, Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Honorary Visiting Professor, Kindai University, Osaka, Japan
Insurers Professor Christopher Liu works with
Professor Christopher Liu works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Professor Christopher Liu does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Christopher Liu does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Christopher Liu does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.