A well-known surgeon both nationally & internationally, Ms Shrotria is a pioneer in the field of breast surgery. She has developed new techniques and raised the standards in breast care. She introduced the concept of minimal scar and scar-less breast surgery and has trained other surgeons in this field. She does not use drains for surgery. Patients are able to go home the same day or the next morning after their operation. She has several publications on improving techniques in breast surgery and cancer surgery.
Ms Shrotria is a multi-awarded surgeon and has been the subject of a documentary on Discovery Channel. She has also appeared as an expert on other major TV channels – BBC Watchdog, Sky news, Channel 5 and Radio channels like Woman’s Hour etc. She has been recognised by her peers and has been commended by the British Medical Association as a ‘Pioneer in Patient care’. She also featured on the Chief Medical Officer’s web site as a role model.
She was appointed Consultant at Ashford Hospital, after her training at Cardiff University Hospital & St Mary's Hospital, Paddington. She became the Director of Breast services at Ashford hospital and set up the breast unit. Her unit went on to join the merged trust with St Peter's, Chertsey. She is currently working in both NHS hospitals and private hospitals.
- Breast lump diagnosis, removal and investigation
- Nipple discharge and bleeding
- Breast pain
- Breast cancer diagnosis
- Breast Screening
- Annual breast check
- Managing screen detected cancer ie cancer found on mammogram
- Breast surgery- Mastectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Benign and malignant breast lumps
- Breast enlargement / augmentation
- Breast reduction/ breast lift
- Mammoplasty / Mastopexy and reconstruction
- Removal of breast lumps
- Breast reconstruction
- Male breast lumps
- Male breast cancer
- Male breast reduction
- Breast genetic test
- BRCA gene 1 & 2
- Implant removal
- Breast excision
- Breast biopsy- needle and core
- Lymph nodes surgery
- Armpit swelling
- Family history advice
- HRT advice
- Fibroadenoma and breast cysts
Lumps and Bumps
I enjoy sports, gardening, interior designing
Treatments and tests offered by Ms Sunita Shrotria at Nuffield Health
- Reconstructive surgery
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Breast reconstruction
- Areola reduction
- Excisional biopsy
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Breast oncology
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Excision of skin lesion
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Mastectomy (breast removal)
- Mammogram (breast screening)
- Breast reduction
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Lateral intercostal artery perforator (LICAP) Flap breast reconstruction
Miss Sunita Shrotria has always been strongly motivated towards ;research and has published in major peer reviewed journals.
Many innovations have been developed as an outcome of Miss Shrotria’s work in improving surgical operations, equipment and enhancing communication channels with patients and general practitioners.
Miss Shrotria is involved in research in collaboration with Royal Holloway University, MS Thesis - Histochemical assay of oestrogen receptors in breast cancer.
- British association of surgical oncologists
- Association of Breast Surgeons
- Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
- Women In Surgery
- Thames Medical Society
Other post held
- Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Ms Sunita Shrotria works with
Ms Sunita Shrotria works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Tesco Bank
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Ms Sunita Shrotria does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Sunita Shrotria does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Sunita Shrotria does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.