Ms Tipples qualified from Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School in 1992 and trained on a North West Thames rotation working at St Mary's Paddington and Hammersmith together with Queen Charlotte's Hospital. During a one year attachment to St George's Hospital, Tooting she was able to develop her skills in Gynaecological Ultrasound and Early Pregnancy Assessment. Later she undertook a further one year attachment during which she was able to develop advanced laparoscopic skills.
Ms Tipples works in the NHS at St Richards Hospital where she is the lead clinician for the Cancer Unit, Gynaecological Ultrasound and Colposcopy departments. She is also paediatric gynaecology lead.
Ms Tipples specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital:
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Melanie Tipples at Nuffield Health
- Cervical smear
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Excision vaginal lumps
- Female sterilisation
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Hysterectomy surgery
- Hormonal coil
- Cone biopsy
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Pregnancy advisory service
- Reversal of sterilisation
- Research in the management of ectopic pregnancy
- Audit of induction of labour policy
- Audit of waiting times
- Audit of patient satisfaction with Testogel
- Research into Colposcopy, Gynaecological Ultrasound and Hormone replacement therapy
- Co-author of a chapter on women's health recently pubiished by Dorling Kindersley.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- British Society for Colposcopy &
- Cervical Pathology
Other post held
- Cancer Unit, Gynaecological Ultrasound and Colposcopy, St Richards Hospital
- Paediatric Gynaecology Lead, St Richards Hospital
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, West Sussex Hospital Trust
- Consultant Gynaecologist, Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
Insurers Miss Melanie Tipples works with
Miss Melanie Tipples works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Miss Melanie Tipples does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Melanie Tipples does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Melanie Tipples does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.