Miss Bryony Lovett is a Consultant General Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital with special interest in gastrointestinal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, colonoscopy and laparoscopic surgery.
Miss Lovett is a General and Colorectal Surgeon at Basildon Hospital, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital NHS Trust. She was appointed to Basildon Hospital in 2001 and is now the Clinical Lead for General Surgery and Urology.
Miss Lovett maintains an interest in teaching and training, previously President of the Association of Surgeons in Training, now Lead for Core Surgical Education for the East of England School of Surgery, an Intercollegiate MRCS examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons and Deputy Chair of the IQA Committee for the MRCS exam.
Miss Lovett undertakes laparoscopic surgery for all common colorectal disease including cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, rectal prolapse and both inguinal, parastomal and incisional hernia.
Ms Lovett enjoys spending time with her children and husband, gardening, golf and sailing.
Treatments and tests offered by Ms Bryony Lovett at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Hernia repair
- Colorectal screening
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- The Rafaelo® Procedure
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Anterior resection
Systematic review of quality of Randomised Clinical Trials in Surgery.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Association of Surgeons of GB and Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Past President of the Association of Surgeons in Training
Other posts held
- Consultant Surgeon, Basildon & Thurrock University Hospital
- Lead for Core Surgical Education for the East of England School of Surgery
- Intercollegiate MRCS examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons
- Deputy Chair of the IQA Committee for the MRCS exam
Insurers Ms Bryony Lovett works with
Ms Bryony Lovett works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Ms Bryony Lovett does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Bryony Lovett does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Bryony Lovett does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.