Ms Pherwani is a substantive consultant in Ophthalmology with special interest in small incision cataract surgery and cornea and external eye disease. She completed a fellowship in Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham. She has performed over 800 phacoemulsification procedures throughout her training, fellowship and consultant years.
Her interest in cataract surgery includes implantation of multifocal and toric intra ocular lens implants to improve astigmatism and presbyopia which translates into spectacle independence both for distance and near for many patients.
She has performed well over 100 corneal transplants and currently carries out lamellar corneal transplants for endothelial dysfunction. She also has experience in managing blepharitis and dry eyes with the most up to date treatments available.
Corneal collagen cross linking is the only known treatment which arrests progression of keratoconus and in the long term, prevents the need for cornel grafting in young patients. Ms Pherwani has the necessary expertise and experience in carrying out this procedure.
Reading, watching movies and travel.
Treatments and tests offered by Ms Anupama Pherwani at Nuffield Health
- Cataract Surgery
- "Opticospinal MS in British caucasians" - An ongoing study into clinical features,imaging characteristics and genetic determinants. Nayak et al. Poster presentation at the European committee for treatment and research in Multiple Sclerosis 2011.
- Cystoid macular edema in Cogan’s syndrome. Pherwani A, Bansal S et al. Cases J Nov 2008.
- Postoperative subconjunctival 5-fluorouracil in the management of recurring pterygium. Pherwani A, Vakil V et al. Br J Ophthalmol 2007 Mar.
- Alcohol delamination of the corneal epithelium for recalcitrant recurrent corneal erosion syndrome: a prospective study of safety and efficacy. Br J Ophthalmol 2007 Jul.
- Sudden visual loss due to posterior ischemic optic neuropathy following craniotomy for a ruptured intracranial aneurysm. Choudhari K, PherwaniA. Neurol India 2007 Apr-Jun.
- Ocular surface reconstruction. Tint NL, Pherwani A et al. Ophthalmology 2007 Feb.
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- The British Medical Association
- United Kingdom &
- Ireland Society of Cataract &
- Refractive Surgeons
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Other post held
- Consultant Ophthalmologist at University Hospital of North Staffordshire
- Consultant Ophthalmologist at Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital
Insurers Ms Anupama Pherwani works with
Ms Anupama Pherwani works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Ms Anupama Pherwani does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Anupama Pherwani does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Anupama Pherwani does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.