- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 0116 274 3753
- Year of first qualification 1985
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 3070363
- Fax 0800 389 2315
Ms Armstrong is a Consultant upper limb Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon at Leicester General Hospital with an established private practice at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital.
Ms Armstrong was appointed Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon in Leicester in 1997 with a special interest in the upper limbs (shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand). She has an interest in the diseases of the sternoclavicular joint. She received orthopaedic training in Southampton, Nottingham, Derby and Mansfield. Ms Armstrong also undertakes medico-legal work.
Ms Armstrong was awarded the British Elbow and Shoulder Society Seniors Travelling Fellowship in 2006 and visited colleagues in Cape Town, the Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minnesota, USA), Glasgow, Manchester and Oxford.
- Bi-Weekly Tuesday AM
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Leicester General Hospital
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England/Orthopaedic Examiner
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the National Osteoporosis Society
- Member of the British Elbow Shoulder Society
- Member of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Current Past Chairman of the British Orthopaedic Directors Society
- LREC Committee Member
Ms Armstrong's MD was on the effects on bone density, muscle strength and balance and she has lectured and published papers on osteoporosis. She was a site investigator for the RECORD trial looking at the effect of calcium and vitamin D on fracture prevention.
Ms Armstong's other research interests are in the management of upper limb problems and she is a principal site investigator for the UKUFF trial, a multicentre national study on rotator cuff repairs.
DeclarationMs Alison Armstrong works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Ms Alison Armstrong does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Alison Armstrong does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Alison Armstrong does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.