Mrs Claudia Harding-Mackean is a Consultant Breast Surgeon at Nuffield Health Chester Hospital, The Grosvenor, and also holds post as a Consultant General and Breast Surgeon at Countess of Chester Hospital, specialising in breast cancer surgery and breast reconstruction.
Mrs Harding-Mackean has solely worked in breast and thyroid surgery since 2010. Mrs Harding-Mackean assesses and manages the full range of breast symptoms needing medical assessment and performs surgery for benign and malignant conditions. The major part of her surgical work is oncoplastic breast reconstruction.
Mrs Harding-Mackean enjoys exploring the vineyards of the world, choral singing and musical theatre.
Treatments and tests offered by Mrs Claudia Harding-Mackean at Nuffield Health
- Breast enlargement surgery
- Breast reduction
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Mastectomy (breast removal)
- Family history screening
Research interests / papers include:
- Oestrogen regulated proteins in breast cancer
- Heat shock proteins in breast cancer
- All forms of breast reconstruction
Mrs Harding-Mackean has always maintained strong emphasis on clinical research in breast disease and has been involved in several clinical trials. She is continually involved in teaching medical students and surgeons in training as well as allied professionals. She has taught on regional and national educational programmes and has lectured in the UK and abroad about breast disease and breast screening.
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Association of Surgical Oncology/Association of Cancer Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant General and Breast Surgeon, Countess of Chester Hospital
- Consultant Breast Surgeon, Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital, Chester
Insurers Mrs Claudia Harding-Mackean works with
Mrs Claudia Harding-Mackean works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mrs Claudia Harding-Mackean does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mrs Claudia Harding-Mackean does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mrs Claudia Harding-Mackean does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.