Will Hawkins trained in as a surgeon in the West Midlands before completing fellowships in Taunton and Sydney, Australia. He was first appointed as a NHS consultant surgeon in 2011 and has been a consultant surgeon at St Richard’s Hospital since 2013.
He is a general
surgeon with specialist interests in laparoscopic (keyhole), upper GI and
bariatric surgery. He offers surgery
Will has a career interest in surgical education. He has previously been the sub-dean to Brighton and Sussex Medical School and is currently the Training Programme Director for Higher Surgical Training in Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
- The Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- The Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- The British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- The International Federation for Surgery of Obesity
Other posts held
- Consultant Laparoscopic, Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon, St Richard's Hospital
- Higher Surgical Training Programme Director Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Insurers Mr Will Hawkins works with
Mr Will Hawkins works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Will Hawkins does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Will Hawkins does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Will Hawkins does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.