- Specialities Colorectal, General Surgery, Key Hole Surgery, Laparoscopy
- Telephone 01926 935121 / 07379 879461
- Year of first qualification 2003
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English & Greek
- GMC Number 6077534
- Website https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/mr-trif-papettas
- Fax 01926 935069
Mr Trif Papettas is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust (SWFT) with a specialist interest in minimally invasive (Key Hole) Laparoscopic surgery. He is an integral member of the regional cancer and inflammatory bowel disease team. His NHS practice also covers emergency and general surgery.
Mr Papettas graduated from the University of Sheffield Medical School with Honours. He completed his higher surgical training in the West Midlands Deanery within some of the UK's busiest surgical departments and has gained extensive expertise in the treatment of a wide spectrum of colorectal and general surgical disorders.
Prior to starting his consultant post he completed advanced fellowship training within the prestigious Queen Elizabeth (Birmingham) and Frimley Park Hospitals.
His Ethicon Advanced Laparoscopic Fellowship gave him additional training in pelvic floor and Robotic surgery. Mr Papettas has now completed over a 1000 laparoscopic surgeries and holds full JAG accreditation in therapeutic colonoscopy and diagnostic gastroscopy.
He regularly performs laparoscopic/open hernia repairs and gallbladder removal surgery. He has an interest in perianal conditions including haemorrhoids, fistula and fissures. He is one of few surgeons in the UK regularly performing ileoanal pouch surgery for colitis.
Mr Papettas performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital:
- Management of Bowel conditions (Cancer, Diverticular disease, Colitis, IBS)
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Hernia repairs
- Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy
- Treatment for piles, anal fissures, fistulas
- Most days, by appointment. Please contact practice manager
- Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust - Warwick and Stratford Hospitals
- Pelvic floor disorders and Rectal Prolapse
- Ileoanal Pouch Surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Mr Trif Papettas is actively involved in the training of future surgeons.
He has also published on colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and perioperative outcome in elderly patients.
DeclarationMr Trif Papettas works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Freedom Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Trif Papettas does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Trif Papettas does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Trif Papettas does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.