Mr Trevor Prior is a Consultant Podiatric Surgeon as well as Director of Premier Podiatry Limited and Senior Clinical Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London.
In 1994 Trevor established the Podiatric Surgery service in City and Hackney, where he worked as a Consultant Podiatric Surgeon at Barts and Homerton University Hospital and was clinical lead for the Department of Podiatric Medicine & Surgery.
Mr Prior's particular areas of interest are foot surgery, sports injuries, biomechanics / gait analysis, orthoses and diabetic foot complications, lecturing both nationally and internationally.He has worked extensively with elite and professional sports men and women in a wide range of disciplines, including football, rugby, cricket, athletics, hockey, badminton.
He is also a director of P2L, specialising in bespoke performance footwear, and Run3D, a company providing advanced 3D gait analysis. He was an elected member of the council of the Society of Chiropodists & Podiatrists and past Dean of the Faculty of Podiatric Surgery.
Mr Prior is the UK representative on the Vasyli Think Tank and the Vionic Innovation lab, a reviewer for a number of professional journals.
Mr Prior practices at Nuffield Health at St Bartholomew's Hospital and as well as The Holly Hospital.
Biomechanics and gait analysis
Orthoses and specialist footwear
Foot complications in patients with diabetes
Mr Prior has published the following research:
- Interventions for treating hallux valgus (abductovalgus) and bunions
- Case Study: An intraoperative finding of black bone disease in a podiatric surgery patient
- Management of plantar heel pain: a best practice guide informed by a systematic review, expert clinical reasoning and patient values
- Online questionnaire, clinical and biomechanical measurements for outcome prediction of plantar heel pain: feasibility for a cohort study
- Running shoes for preventing lower limb running injuries in adults
- Fellow of the Royal College of Podiatry Surgery
- Fellow of the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Podiatry Medicine
- Member of the British Association of Sports & Exercise Medicine
Other posts held
- Honorary Consultant Podiatric Surgeon Barts Health NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Trevor Prior works with
Mr Trevor Prior works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Healix Healthcare
- Standard Life
- The Exeter Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Trevor Prior does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Trevor Prior does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Trevor Prior does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.