Mr Tom Lawrence is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire NHS trust. He specialises in the diagnosis, management and surgical treatment of shoulder and elbow problems.
He trained in Bristol and carried out his orthopaedic training in Nottingham. He completed US medical licence examinations enabling him to undergo a year of extensive fellowship training in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at the world renowned Mayo Clinic in the USA. He undertook a second shoulder and elbow fellowship in Sheffield before commencing his consultant post.
Mr Lawrence has extensive experience in state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive arthroscopic techniques used to accelerate the recovery process for challenging conditions in the shoulder and elbow such as rotator cuff tears, stiffness and sports injuries. He also manages arthritic and post-traumatic conditions requiring joint replacement (arthroplasty) in the shoulder and elbow.
Mr Lawrence strives to provide first rate care with an open, honest and personal manner. He makes a special effort to ensure that patients have a good understanding of their condition, treatment options and likely outcome.
He has published and presented widely in Orthopaedics and Trauma, and remains active in research and teaching related to shoulder and elbow disorders.
Mr Lawrence specialises in Shoulder replacement surgery at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital.
- Treatments and investigations of shoulder and elbow pain and injuries
- Latest keyhole surgery techniques for reconstructive surgery to treat torn rotator cuff tendons, release frozen shoulders and shoulder instability related to sports injuries
- Total shoulder replacements (including reverse) and elbow replacements for painful arthritic conditions
- Trauma related to the shoulder and elbow
Outside work, Mr Lawrence's main interests are spending time with his family and sport. He is married to a Radiologist and has three children. He enjoys rugby, football, golf and tennis.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Tom Lawrence at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Shoulder replacement
- Elbow surgery
- Trauma reconstruction
- Image guided joint injections
- Tennis elbow release
Mr Lawrence has published widely and continues to have an active interest in clinical and basic science research related to the shoulder and elbow conditions.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other post held
- University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
Mr Tom Lawrence does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tom Lawrence does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Tom Lawrence does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.