- Specialities Urology, Men's Health
- Telephone 01273 627007 (Brighton appointments) / 01444 456 999 Ext 338 (Haywards Heath) / 01273 627022 (Medical Secretary)
- Year of first qualification 1991
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org / HaywardsHeath.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- GMC Number 3580619
- Fax 01444 476 778 (Haywards Heath) / 01273 627003 (Brighton)
Mr Tim Larner was trained at Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School and underwent higher surgical training in Urology at Guy's Hospital in London.
From 2000 to 2001 Mr Larner was a visiting clinical fellow at The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia and from 2001 to 2002 was research fellow at the Howard Florey Institute of experimental physiology and medicine, Melbourne. He was awarded an MD from the University of Melbourne for his work in prostate cancer tumour targeting.
On return to the UK Mr Larner was appointed Consultant Urologist at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust. He has regularly been invited internationally to teach laser prostatectomy and has presented numerous papers both nationally and abroad.
His current practise includes radical surgery for bladder and prostate cancer, high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for prostate cancer, laser (Greenlight) prostatectomy for benign prostatic hyperplasia and laparoscopic surgery for benign and malignant kidney disease.
Mr Larner specialises in:
- Weekly Tuesday AM (Brighton)
- Bi Weekly Tuesday 18:00 - 20:00 (Haywards Heath)
- Consultant Urologist, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sussex Cancer Network
- Royal College of Surgeons
MD awarded for prostate cancer MRI localisation.
Ongoing prospective randomised trial of laser prostatectomy versus TURP.
DeclarationMr Tim Larner works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
Mr Tim Larner does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tim Larner has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Larner is a director of a company that rents the Greenlight laser to the public and private sector.
Mr Tim Larner does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.