Mr Tamim Siddiqui studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh and qualified MB ChB in 2001. He subsequently completed basic surgical training and research in the West of Scotland between 2002 and 2007 and higher surgical training specialising in vascular surgery between 2007 and 2013 in Glasgow. In 2013, Mr Siddiqui was appointed Consultant Vascular Surgeon at Raigmore Hospital, Inverness where he introduced cutting edge minimally invasive varicose veins treatments to the Highlands.
In 2017, Mr Siddiqui was appointed Consultant Vascular, Endovascular and Endovenous Surgeon at Hairmyres Hospital. He continues to develop a specialist interest in modern varicose veins treatments, including Radiofrequency Ablation, Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy and Venaseal and is involved in training other consultants in Scotland to perform these techniques.
Mr Siddiqui is an experienced endovascular surgeon and offers the full range of vascular surgery treatments including angioplasty/ stenting, aneurysm repair, carotid surgery and management of peripheral arterial disease and diabetic vascular disease.
- Varicose Veins (minimally invasive varicose veins treatments)
- Endovenous interventions
- Endovascular interventions
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Carotid disease
Mr Siddiqui has an interest in training and education and is a member of the Joint Committee of Surgical Training Specialty Advisory Committee for Vascular surgery and a Specialty Trainee Educational Supervisor.
- Sport including golf, football, tennis and running
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Tamim Siddiqui at Nuffield Health
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
Published in journals including European Journal of Vascular Surgery, British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease and American Journal of Vascular Surgery.
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Member of Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Joint Committee of Surgical Training
- Specialty Advisory Committee for Vascular Surgery Member
Other post held
- Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon at Hairmyres Hospital
Insurers Mr Tamim Siddiqui works with
Mr Tamim Siddiqui works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Tamim Siddiqui does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tamim Siddiqui does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Tamim Siddiqui does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.