Mr Tamim Siddiqui is an experienced Consultant Vascular, Endovascular and Endovenous surgeon currently working at the private practice of Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital. He is the Clinical Lead for Vascular Surgery for The South West Scotland Vascular Network covering an NHS population of 1.2 million and has a number of management and leadership roles including Specialty Advisory to The Chief Medical Officer in Scotland and Deputy Clinical Director for Surgery and Associated Specialties. Mr Siddiqui has published widely and is involved in research and training. He is the Deputy Training Programme Director for Vascular Surgical Training in Scotland.
Mr Siddiqui specialises in minimally invasive varicose veins procedures. These include treatments such as Radiofrequency Ablation, Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy and Venaseal. As a specialist in these techniques, Mr Siddiqui provides surgeons across Scotland with the training that they need to carry out these procedures. He also performs the full range of vascular surgery treatments including angioplasty/stenting, aneurysm repair, carotid surgery and management of peripheral arterial disease and diabetic vascular disease.
Mr Siddiqui studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh, earning his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) in 2001. After completing his specialist training in the West of Scotland, he joined Raigmore Hospital as a Consultant Vascular Surgeon in 2013. During this time, he was responsible for introducing cutting edge minimally invasive varicose veins treatments to NHS Highland. Mr Siddiqui then took on the role of Consultant Vascular, Endovascular and Endovenous Surgeon at University Hospital Hairmyres in 2017, leading a modern high-quality vascular service while undertaking full clinical commitments.
Mr Siddiqui is married with a young family and is an experienced surgeon with a friendly and compassionate manner with a passion for patient-centred care.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Minimally invasive treatments for symptomatic and cosmetic varicose veins
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of varicose veins
- Endovenous laser ablation (EVLA) of varicose veins
- Ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy (UGFS) of varicose veins
- Glue (Venaseal) – glue treatment of varicose veins
- Phlebectomies – Ambulatory phlebectomies
- Pelvic Vein Embolisation (PVE)
- Endovascular surgery
- Varicose veins
- Intermittent claudication
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Varicose Veins (minimally invasive varicose veins treatments)
- Endovenous interventions
- Endovascular interventions
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Carotid disease
Mr Siddiqui has an interest in training and education and is a member of the Joint Committee of Surgical Training Specialty Advisory Committee for Vascular surgery and a Specialty Trainee Educational Supervisor.
- Sport including golf, football, tennis and running
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Tamim Siddiqui at Nuffield Health
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
Published in journals including European Journal of Vascular Surgery, British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease and American Journal of Vascular Surgery.
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Member of Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Joint Committee of Surgical Training
- Specialty Advisory Committee for Vascular Surgery Member
Other posts held
- Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon at Hairmyres Hospital
Insurers Mr Tamim Siddiqui works with
Mr Tamim Siddiqui works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Tamim Siddiqui does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tamim Siddiqui does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Tamim Siddiqui does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.