Mr Tahir Ali graduated from Leicester Medical School in 1998 and completed his basic surgical training in the West Midlands. Following his MRCS, he was granted a research fellowship at St Thomas' Hospital where he completed his MS thesis on the mechanisms involved in the resolution of thrombi. This research was presented at the prize session of the American Venous Forum in San Diego, USA.
Mr Tahir Ali completed his higher specialist surgical training on the SouthWest Thames Rotation where he sub-specialised in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. Following national selection he was able to return to St Thomas' Hospital as a Cook/Vascular Society Endovascular Fellow. Mr Ali was jointly appointed as a substantive Consultant Surgeon post between Ashford & St Peters NHS Foundation Trust and Epsom General Hospital in July 2010. His published research interests are carotid artery disease, complex aneurysm surgery, venous disease and endovascular surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Tahir Ali at Nuffield Health
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Thread vein treatment (sclerotherapy)
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins
- AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Hernia repair
Mr Ali’s published research interests are endovascular surgery, carotid artery disease, complex aneurysm surgery, and venous disease.
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Surgeons in Training
- Rouleaux Club
- British Medical Association
- Vascular Society
- British Society of Interventional Radiology
Other posts held
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
Mr Tahir Ali does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tahir Ali does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Tahir Ali does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.