He graduated with an honour’s degree from Trinity College Dublin and developed his love for ENT Surgery as a junior doctor in the Oxford region. He then went onto complete specialist training in the Midlands and from here undertook an internationally renowned fellowship in Endoscopic Sinus and Head and Neck Cancer Surgery in Auckland, New Zealand.
Mr El-Shunnar is currently Clinical Director for ENT at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust and a core member of the Head and Neck, Thyroid & Skin Cancer Multi-Disciplinary Teams. He regularly attends hospital governance meetings and is actively involved in patient safety reviews as well as medical student and trainee doctor training and examination.
He understands that attending a hospital appointment may be a daunting experience and seeks to provide a kind & effective consultation.
- Salivary Gland
- Facial Plastic Skin Cancer Resection & Reconstruction
- Voice & Swallow Disorders
- Soreness/Discomfort in the throat
- Nasal congestion
- Neck/throat lumps
- Ear pain
Football, piano and family.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Suliman El-Shunnar at Nuffield Health
- Head and neck oncology
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Antral washout
- Maxillofacial / oral surgery
- Skin surgery
- Fine needle biopsy
- Skin cancer surgery
- Mastoid surgery
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Nasal polypectomy
- Reconstructive surgery
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Ear drum repair (Myringoplasty)
- Excisional biopsy
- Thyroid surgery (thyroidectomy)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Microsuction of ear canal
- Head and neck surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Grommet insertion
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy
Mr El-Shunnar has presented 34 research and audit projects and has 9 peer reviewed publication papers. He has won prizes on 2 occasions for his work. This has been presented to peers across the world at conferences in the UK, Australia, North America, Germany & Spain. He continues to mentor and appraise aspiring ENT surgeons undergoing research projects and has undergone training in the critical appraisal of research.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons in England Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- Ear, Nose and Throat-UK
Other posts held
- ENT Clinical Director and Consultant at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Suliman El-Shunnar works with
Mr Suliman El-Shunnar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Suliman El-Shunnar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Suliman El-Shunnar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Suliman El-Shunnar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.