Although he performs conventional total knee replacement surgery, he has an interest in uni-compartmental (partial) knee replacement and. He also treats soft tissue injuries, osteoarthritis and difficult patellar disorders, including pain and instability issues.
He provides orthopaedic surgical management for the Leicester Tigers Team and Academy, Leicester City FC Team and Academy, Leicestershire County Cricket, and Leicester Riders.
Mr Tandon is also involved in teaching both medical students and senior trainee orthopaedic surgeons at the University Hospitals of Leicester.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Subash Tandon at Nuffield Health
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Ilizarov frame surgery
- Subtalar fusion
- PCL reconstruction
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Keller's arthroplasty
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Trauma reconstruction
- Ankle fusion
- Bilateral Tenotomy
- Image guided joint injections
- Trauma Surgery
Mr Tandon's research interests include cruciate ligament reconstruction, cartilage grafting, meniscal transplantation and repair, and injuries to patella and achilles tendon (especially chronic).
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- The Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- Fellow of British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Surgery of the Knee
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Leicester General Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Leicester Royal Infirmary
Insurers Mr Subash Tandon works with
Mr Subash Tandon works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Subash Tandon does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Subash Tandon does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Subash Tandon does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.