Mr Watts trained as an ENT surgeon in the North East of England and gained his FRCS-ENT qualification in 2002. During this time he was also awarded the Joseph Fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery which he undertook in 2 European centres of excellence. Following this, he sat and passed the board exams for the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). To underpin this he is a member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery and holds the Diploma for the AAFPRS.
Mr Watts was appointed as an ENT Consultant and Facial Plastic Surgeon in 2003 in Brighton, sub-specialising in Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery. He is currently the undergraduate lead for ENT teaching at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School and holds the post of Honorary Senior Lecturer.
Due to his specialist interests, Mr Watts lectures both nationally and internationally and sits on both the Training Committee for the Cosmetic Surgery Interspecialty Group and the Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, UK.
Mr Watts has a special interest in:
Exercise and travel.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Simon Watts at Nuffield Health
- Body contouring
- Mole removal
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Head and neck oncology
- Antral washout
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy (or laryngoscopy)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Mastoid surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Head and neck surgery
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Grommet insertion
- Middle ear surgery
- Craniofacial reconstruction
Taste disturbances, FESS surgery, aspects of quality of life post-facial plastics.
Research papers on facial plastic surgery - VUYK, facial plastic surgery and psychology, nasal reconstruction.
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow
- British Association of Otolaryngologists
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Facial Plastic Surgery - UK
- Sussex Association of Consultants
- Royal Society of Medicine - Laryngology &
- Rhinology section
- British Rhinological Society
Other posts held
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Worthing and Southlands Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Simon Watts works with
Mr Simon Watts works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Simon Watts does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Simon Watts does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Simon Watts does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.