After qualifying from London University in 1986 and receiving his ophthalmology training at Moorfields Eye Hospital, Mr Simon Horgan is now a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London.
Simon specialises in macular degeneration and other retinal problems, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, cataracts, use of multifocal implant lenses, astigmatic corrections and general ophthalmology including watery eye and lid lumps.
sees patients for consultations and operates at Nuffield Health Woking
- Cataract surgery and refractive lens exchange offering a wide range of lenses including multifocal and toric
- YAG laser capsulotomy treatment (post-cataract surgery)
- Glaucoma and high eye pressure: Care, treatment and monitoring. Including Laser iridotomy and trabeculectomy
- Macular Degeneration: Care and treatment using modern injection therapies including Avastin, Eylea and Vabysmo
- Diabetic eye disease. Care, treatment and monitoring including Ozurdex injections and argon laser
- Floaters: Assessment and treatment with laser
- Contact lens problems
- Retinal tears and detachments: Diagnosis and treatment
- Retinal problems, for example drusen and vein occlusions
- Excision of Pterygium
- Incision/Excision of eyelid lumps/chalazion
- Insertion of punctal plugs
- General eye problems, for example: Watery eye, glare, dazzle, itchy, red or inflamed eyes
- Dry eyes (including use of punctal plugs)
- Double vision
- Eye problems in children
- Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI) assessments
- Aesthetic treatments: Toxins and dermal fillers
Theatre, ballet, opera, travel, music
English, French, Spanish
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Simon Horgan at Nuffield Health
- Glaucoma surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Refractive eye surgery
- Cataract Surgery
1993-1996, collaborated with Dr Chris Hull, Lecturer in the Department of Applied Optics at the City of University, on methods for detecting and measuring small changes in IOL tilt. We developed an instrument utilising low power infrared emission to quantify Purkinje image shift induced by tilted IOL’s. This work was presented at ARVO in 1996.
collaborated with Dr Elizabeth Price at the Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology,
Bute Gardens, London on the use of conjunctival impression cytology in patients
with Sjogren’s Syndrome. We developed a
new method of utilising and fixing Millipore filters and demonstrated that
immunohistochemical labelling of Ro and La antibodies was possible.
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Royal College of Ophthalmology
Other posts held
- Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London, Consultant Ophthalmologist in a Retinal Clinic
Insurers Mr Simon Horgan works with
Mr Simon Horgan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Simon Horgan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Simon Horgan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Simon Horgan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.