Simon Butler-Manuel is a senior Consultant Gynaecologist and is acknowledged as one of the country’s leading minimal access gynaecological surgeons. Simon teaches widely on ovarian cancer, laparoscopic and robotic Gynae surgery including hysterectomy and fertility-sparing options.
His principal area of expertise is in gynaecological cancer care (Gynaecological oncology) and he has pioneered the use of keyhole surgery for women with Gynae cancers in the UK including the introduction of robotic surgery, which enables many more women to benefit from the rapid recovery associated with keyhole surgery.
He has helped to establish a high quality equitable network of care for women with gynaecological cancer in Surrey and Sussex with an allied research network. He has numerous publications and regularly presents at international conferences in the field, and is frequently cited by other medical researchers.
His many other research interests and collaborations include the use of Argon plasma energy in the treatment of endometriosis and ovarian cancers and laboratory-based research into biomarkers and chemo-resistance in ovarian cancer.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Simon Butler-Manuel at Nuffield Health
- Hysterectomy surgery
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
Introduced laproscopic and fertility sparing options for gynaecological cancer patients.
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- British Society for Colposcopy &
- Cervical Pathology
- British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Society of Gynaecological Robotic Surgeons
- Society of European Gynaecological Surgery
- British &
- Irish Robotic Gynaecological Surgery Society
- Fellow Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other post held
- Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust: St Luke’s Cancer Centre
- Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital
- Surrey &
- Sussex NHS Trust: East Surrey &
- Crawley Hospitals
Insurers Mr Simon Butler-Manuel works with
Mr Simon Butler-Manuel works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Simon Butler-Manuel does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Simon Butler-Manuel does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Simon Butler-Manuel does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.