Mr Vetrivel is a Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon, with over 25 years of experience. He has been a Consultant at Sunderland Royal Hospital for 23 years and has been in private practice in the North East of England for over 20 years. He specialises in the treatment of arterial and venous problems and hernias. He offers the whole range of treatments for varicose veins and thread veins such as radiofrequency ablation, foam sclerotherapy and microsclerotherapy and Veinwave. He performs open and keyhole surgery for hernias, and removal of skin and soft tissue lumps. He has a good reputation among colleagues and patients in NHS and private practice.
Mr Vetrivel is a member of various professional bodies. He is also a keen sportsman, playing tennis and golf regularly.
- Arterial and Venous problems
- Skin and superficial soft tissue lumps
- Sport, mainly tennis and golf.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Shanmugam Vetrivel at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Endovascular treatment
- Thread vein treatment (sclerotherapy)
- Varicose vein stripping
- Hernia repair
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- Vascular Surgical Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association
- British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
Other posts held
- Sutherland Royal Hospital, City Hospitals Sutherland NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Shanmugam Vetrivel does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Shanmugam Vetrivel does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Shanmugam Vetrivel does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.