- Specialities Body Contouring, Cosmetic Breast Surgery
- Telephone 01782 382507 Clinic Bookings 07701 338687 Private Secretary Sue Ganderton
- Year of first qualification 1999
- Email Clinic.firstname.lastname@example.org
English, Hindi and Bengali
- GMC Number 4634306
- Website https://www.huqplasticsurgery.co.uk
- Fax 01782 382500
Mr Huq is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the The University Hospital North Midlands where he performs both Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgery. He specialises in breast surgery, body contouring following weight loss and skin cancer surgery. He has undertaken one of the UK’s most prestigious cosmetic surgery fellowships in London where he has trained under leading Plastic Surgeons. This period of advanced training allows Mr Huq to provide the highest quality of care for patients seeking cosmetic surgery.
Mr Huq is on the GMC specialist register for Plastic Surgery and is a full member of the British Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (BAPRAS). He is also one of the few Plastic surgeons to have a PhD in wound healing.
Mr Huq is able to provide facial cosmetic surgery and the full spectrum of non-surgical facial rejuvenation techniques to his patients. He also performs surgery for non-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions.
- Monday PM
- Wednesday PM
- Thursday PM
- Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at The University Hospital North Midlands
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Queen Anne Medical Centre, Harley Street
- Breast Surgery
- Skin Reduction Surgery
- Facial Rejuvenation
Sub-specialist interest in lower limb microvascular reconstruction and peripheral nerve surgery.
Trainer for plastic surgery trainees on the West Midlands Training Programme.
Family, football, gym and travel
- British Association of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- British Medical Association
Mr Huq has an extensive research background and is one of a few plastic surgeons to obtain a PhD. He has an interest in wound healing and scarring and his PhD research investigated techniques to reducing scar tissue formation. He has articles published in the Journal of Plastic, Reconstrictive and Asesthtic Surgery and The Journal of Hand Surgery. He has presented research at national and international Meetings.
- The long-term outcome of zone 1 flexor tendon injuries treated with micro bone anchors. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2013 Nov;38(9):973-8.
- A Prospective study on bite injures presenting to a regional plastic surgery unit. Abstract. BAPRAS. 2012 Dec;(12);78-9.
- Zone 1 Flexor tendon Injuries: A review of the current treatment options for acute injuries. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013; Vol. 66 (8), 1023-1031.
DeclarationMr Shahidul Huq works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Cigna International
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Shahidul Huq does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Shahidul Huq does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Shahidul Huq does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.