Segun qualified from Glasgow University in 1999, and trained in General Surgery in the West of Scotland, specialising in Colorectal Surgery. He then completed a year-long training fellowship in keyhole surgery for bowel cancer at Barretos Cancer Hospital, Brazil, the largest cancer hospital in Latin America. He has been a consultant at University Hospital Wishaw since 2012, and is the current NHS Lanarkshire Clinical Lead for Colorectal Cancer.
Segun is interested in conditions affecting the abdomen, specialising in endoscopic and keyhole techniques to treat these, particularly conditions affecting the bowels and back passage. He is interested not only in surgical solutions for the patient, but also aims to improve patients’ quality of life, where their conditions or symptoms are compromising this.
Lower GI Surgery:
- Bowel cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Proctology (diseases of the anus & rectum)
- Laparoscopic surgery
Functional Gut Problems (IBS, variable bowel habit), Bowel Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Proctology (diseases of the anus and rectum), Keyhole Hernia Repair, Keyhole Gallbladder Surgery, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy
Jogging, football, spending time with family
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Segun Komolafe at Nuffield Health
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Liver function tests
- Breast Cancer Screening.
- Minimally-invasive parathyroid surgery.
- Quality of life after bowel cancer treatment.
- Techniques in laparoscopic bowel surgery.
- Treatment of anal fistula.
- British Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of GB&I
- Association of Coloproctology of GB&I
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of GB&I
- British Hernia Society
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- Member of European Society of Coloproctology
Other posts held
- Consultant in General & Colorectal Surgery, Wishaw General Hospital
Insurers Mr Segun Komolafe works with
Mr Segun Komolafe works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Segun Komolafe does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Segun Komolafe does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Segun Komolafe does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.