Mr Sean Ramcharan is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon with a specialist interest in advanced minimally invasive (‘Key Hole’ or ‘Laparoscopic’) surgery. His practice covers surgery for general, hernia, gallbladder, abdominal, gastrointestinal, colorectal and perianal problems.
He completed higher surgical training at the West Midlands Deanery and in many of the UK's busiest hospitals. He gained extensive expertise in the treatment of the full spectrum of colorectal and general surgical disorders. He undertook further advanced laparoscopic training in Holland for complex rectal and minimally invasive transanal surgery. He entered the specialist register, UK, in April 2012 and worked as a consultant since 2013.
His practice at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital includes:
- Treatment of Lumps and Bumps of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (except breast)
He has performed over a thousand laparoscopic operations and over 500 laparoscopic hernia repairs. He is a skilled diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopist with excellent patient pain and comfort satisfaction scores.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Sean Ramcharan at Nuffield Health
- Abdominal adhesion surgery
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Anterior resection
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Colorectal surgery
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Hernia repair surgery
- Hernia unilateral
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Open surgery groin hernia repair
- Rectal prolapse repair
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Local anaesthetic
- Liver function tests
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
Sean has an active role in surgical research, is published in highly reputable peer-reviewed medical journals, and is invited to present his expertise in surgical care at international and national meetings. He is involved in research activities with the Universities of Birmingham and Warwick, and has won highly competitive research grants to pursue innovations in improving cancer care and treatment. He also reviews articles submitted by his peers for publication in international journals in surgery and oncology.
- ACPGBI - The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- ASGBI - The Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
Other post held
- Consultant Laparoscopic, General & Colorectal Consultant, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Clinical Director and Chair of Operation Governance in Elective Care
Insurers Mr Sean Ramcharan works with
Mr Sean Ramcharan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Sean Ramcharan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sean Ramcharan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sean Ramcharan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.