Mr Carrie has a general adult and paediatric ENT practice with a special interest in disorders of the nose and sinuses. This includes disorders of nasal blockage, facial pain and abnormalities of the sense of smell and taste. He also performs nasal procedures including rhinoplasty.
Many nasal disorders are associated with conditions of the ear. He also provides a comprehensive service in the management of painful or discharging ears and those with a hearing loss.
Mr Carrie works closely with other medical disciplines to treat disorders of the pituitary gland and associated areas of the skull base.
He is heavily involved in the training and examining of postgraduate surgeons both regionally and nationally. He held the post of Regional ENT Training Programme Director for 3 years.
Mr Carrie is a convener of the Newcastle Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course, a national postgraduate training course running annually for the past eight years. He is regularly invited as an expert speaker in Rhinology both nationally and internationally. He is currently the Clinical Director for the ENT Directorate at the Freeman Hospital.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Sean Carrie at Nuffield Health
- Antral washout
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Excision of skin lesion
- Nasal polypectomy
- Nose reshaping surgery (rhinoplasty)
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Mastoid surgery
- Middle ear surgery
- Microsuction of ear canal
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Grommet insertion
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- 2006 Co-editor - The Otolaryngologist
- 2002-2006 Associate Editor - ENT News
- 2006 Reviewer - Journal of Laryngology & Otology
- 2006 Reviewer - Clinical Otolaryngology
- Carrie S etal JLO 2007 vol121 p713-20
- Carrie S et al Am. J Rhinol 2006 vol20 p554-7
- Carrie S et al B J Hosp Med 2007 vol68 p241-5
- Carrie S et al JLO 2006 vol120 p770-3
- Carrie S et al 2006 Laryngoscope Sept 06 online
- Carrie S et al ENT News 2007 vol 15 p70-72
- Carrie S etal Auris Nasus Larynx 2007 vol 34 p515-8
- Hon Secretary, Section of Laryngology &
- Rhinology, Royal Society of Medicine, London
- Treasurer, British Rhinological Society
- Council Member (elected), ENT UK
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, Newcastle Upon Tyne NHS Hospitals Foundation Trust (Freeman Hospital and Berwick Infirmary)
Insurers Mr Sean Carrie works with
Mr Sean Carrie works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Sean Carrie does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sean Carrie does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sean Carrie does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.