- Specialities Bariatrics, Weight loss, General Surgery, Gastroenterology
- Telephone 01277 695695
- Year of first qualification 1994
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 5204374
- Fax 01277 261924
Mr Sanjay Agrawal is a senior Consultant Surgeon specialising in Bariatric (Obesity/Weight-Loss), laparoscopic (key-hole) and upper gastrointestinal surgery at Homerton University Hospital in London.
Mr Agrawal is certified as Bariatric Surgeon of Excellence, BSOE by the Surgical Review Corporation. Mr Agrawal is the first Weight-loss/Bariatric Surgeon in the UK to achieve this designation. Earning the BSOE designation signifies Mr Agrawal’s commitment and ability to consistently deliver high-quality care to bariatric surgery patients.
Mr Agrawal’s team is very proud of his achievement, as it underscores his long-term commitment to high standards of treatment.
Mr Agrawal has had extensive training in the UK, Belgium, Japan and India and has undertaken more than 2000 general surgical procedures so far. In addition, he has experience of over 500 laparoscopic bariatric procedures to date.
Mr Agrawal trains other surgeons in bariatric and laparoscopic surgery and has made numerous presentations at national and international meetings as well as publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Weekly Monday 12.00-13.00
- Weekly Thursday 20:00 - 21:00
- Consultant Surgeon, Homerton University Hospital, London
- Weight loss surgery,
- Gastric band,
- Gastric bypass,
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Obesity or Weight-Loss Surgery: Laparoscopic gastric band or lapband, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic hernia (groin and incisional) repairs
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for gallstones
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery for heartburn/gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD)
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- International Federation of Surgical Obesity
- British Obesity Surgery Patients Association
- British Association of Obesity & Metabolic Surgeons
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Association of Surgeons of India – life member since 1999
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- British Medical Association
Mr Agrawal has numerous presentations at national and international meetings as well as publications in peer reviewed journals.
His main areas of research interest are in bariatric surgery – in particular, in investigating outcomes and complications of bariatric surgery from a clinical perspective.