- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement, Musculoskeletal
- Telephone 01244 684 325
- Year of first qualification 1993
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4732589
- Fax 01244 680 812
Medical School training with a Gold medal, 3 Distinctions and National Merit Scholarship.
Interest and training in Orthopaedic surgery started at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, the premier institute at New Delhi.
Registrar training in Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery in the United Kingdom in Yorkshire and Northern Ireland, specialist training in Knee surgery in Bournemouth, specialist Hip surgery training at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford. Specialist training in limb reconstruction at the Rubin Institute of Advanced Orthopaedics, Baltimore, USA.
- Sir Walter Mercer Medal in FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedics for best performance in 2008
- Macleod medal in Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK&I) for best performance in 2008
- BOA Young Ambassador 2009 to HKOA meeting, Hong Kong
- ASG (Austria, Switzerland and Germany) travelling Fellowship 2010: as BOA representative along with 2 American (AOA) fellows
- Weekly Monday 09:00 to 12:00
- A GP letter of referral is required
- Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Arthroscopic knee surgery including meniscus, cartilage lesions and ligament injuries
- Knee and Hip replacements
- Treatment of other conditions in hip and knee with modalities other than joint replacement
- Complex Lower limb trauma including circular fixators and minimally invasive fracture fixation
- Sports injuries of the Knee and the Hip
Family, reading and walking
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Outcomes in Joint Replacements, Infection, Trauma
DeclarationMr Raghuram Thonse works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Raghuram Thonse does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Raghuram Thonse does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Raghuram Thonse does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.