Mr Raghu Vindlacheruvu is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. He specialises in
Neurosurgery - Brain, Vascular, tumour, trauma, cervical disc replacement, lumbar laminectomy, cervical spine surgery, lumbar discectomy, hydrocephalus. Spine - Degenerative disease, tumour.
Mr Vindlacheruvu has been an NHS consultant for over 15 years, serving the Essex and North East London population. He undertakes all of the vascular surgery (aneurysms and AVM). The team approach and expertise makes Queen's one of the top neurovascular units.
He has a large volume spinal practice. Excellent results stem from careful patient assessment and well-performed operations. Consultations include a demonstration of scans and a careful explanation of treatment options, including aims, risks and benefits.
Surgery is rarely mandatory and he makes judicious use of targeted nerve root injections. He does not use gimmicky implants (which are marketed without evidence of durable results). Minimally invasive surgery, also referred to as “keyhole surgery” (typical lumbar discectomy wound of 2cm) means that patients are mobile within hours of surgery, and fit for discharge within 24 hours.
Mr Vindlacheruvu's aim is to restore people to normal activities. His sporting interests give him insight into exercises appropriate to promote back muscle strength, develop core stability, and restore range of motion. He undertakes a robust audit for all of his surgical procedures.
- Cerebrovascular disease - Aneurysms, AVM, Cavernoma, Carotid Disease
- Spine - Degenerative disease
- Brain tumours
- Chairman of Trust Clinical Governance Committee
- Head of Department at Queen's Hospital
Classical music - Violinist in Brentwood Philharmonic Orchestra
Sport - Running, cycling, tennis and skiing
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Raghu Ram Vindlacheruvu at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Nerve surgery
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Multiple publications on cerebral aneurysms.
- Research interests: when to treat aneurysms and management of recent aneurysms.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Neurovascular Group
Other post held
- Consultant Neurosurgeon at Queen's Hospital, Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Raghu Ram Vindlacheruvu works with
Mr Raghu Ram Vindlacheruvu works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Raghu Ram Vindlacheruvu does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Raghu Ram Vindlacheruvu does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Raghu Ram Vindlacheruvu does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.