When it comes to sensitive areas of surgery, patients will rightly expect to be cared for by experts in their field and Mr Haers has devoted his life to helping people with dental issues as well as facial deformities and those needing TMJ surgery.
After receiving both his medical and dental degrees from the University of Leuven in Belgium, he started to specialise in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery while training in Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland. Mr Haers then went on to be the Assistant Professor (Oberarzt) in the Department of Craniofacial Surgery at the University Hospital in Zurich under the direction of Professor Sailer from 1991-1999.
Mr Haers is currently Cleft and Oral Maxillofacial surgeon of the South-Thames Cleft Service at the Evelina part of Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital in London. Honorary Visiting Professor at the Postgraduate Medical School of the University of Surrey and Consultant Oran and Maxillofacial Surgeon at the Royal Surrey County Hospital. He see patients privately at Nuffield Health Guildford, The Portland Hospital, 120 Old Broad Street (part of London Bridge Hospital) and Harley Street Clinic.
Mr Haers specialises in cleft surgery, Bimax surgery and TMJ disorders.
English, French, Dutch and German
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Piet Haers at Nuffield Health
- Removing wisdom teeth
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Chin reshaping (Genioplasty)
- Facial surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Bone Graft
- Dermal fillers
- Maxillofacial / oral surgery
- Orthopantomogram (OPG)
- Dental implants
- MRI scan
- Tooth Removal (Extraction)
- Craniofacial reconstruction
He has 70 publications, 13 contributions to chapters and 30 invited lectures.
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland, ITI member
- International Academy of Oral and Facial Rehabilitation
- European Association for Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery
Other post held
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant Cleft and Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Royal Surrey County Hospital
Insurers Mr Piet Haers works with
Mr Piet Haers works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Piet Haers does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Piet Haers does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Piet Haers does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.