He qualified in Medicine in 1999 and in 2003, he completed a fellowship in colorectal surgery at the University of Hull. In 2014, he completed his higher surgical training in London undertaking a post-training Fellowship in Colorectal Surgery at the esteemed St Mark’s Hospital in London.
In 2015, Mr Nastro was appointed as a Consultant Surgeon at Darent Valley Hospital and Queen Mary Hospital where he is Surgical College Tutor for the Royal College of Surgeons and Undergraduate Surgical Lead for the Kings College University and the Kent and Medway Medical School.
Currently, he is a member of the directive council of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland and of the Italian Medical Society of Great Britain.
He offers most of the colorectal procedures (laparoscopic and open) including the proctology and the upper and lower GI endoscopies (diagnostic and therapeutic OGD and colonoscopy but no the screening colonoscopy).
A number of general surgical procedures (laparoscopic and open) such
as excision of lumps and bumps, simple and complex hernia surgery and abdominal
wall reconstruction. innovative minimally invasive proctology techniques such as the
Rafaelo procedure for haemorrhoids under LA, the radiofrequency ablation of the
fistula in ano (Fistura), the laser haemorrhoidal treatment (LHP), the laser
ablation of the haemorrhoids and pilonidal disease (Filac) and the VAFT
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Piero Nastro at Nuffield Health
- Soft tissue lump service
- Stoma surgery
- Transanal haemorrhoid dearterialisation (THD)
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Hernia repair
- Colorectal surgery
- Rectal prolapse repair
- The Rafaelo® Procedure
- Stapled haemorrhoidopexy
- Abdominal adhesion surgery
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Anterior resection
• P.Nastro: The roule of IOUS for the staging of colorectal cancer. “2000 ed oltre: attualita’ in chirurgia”. Editor: A.Renda.
He has also published two graduation thesis:
P.Nastro: The prognostic role of four new genetic factors in colorectal cancer.
University of Naples “Federico II” Italy 1999
P.Nastro: Stapled haemorrhoidopexy versus conventional haemorrhoidectomy: Systematic review with long term results.
Graduation Thesis of the Post graduate training in General Surgery (Prof G. Persico). University of Naples “Federico II” Italy 2005
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Coloproctology of GB&Ireland
- Fellow in Colorectal Surgery - St Mark’s Hospital, London UK
- Certificate of Completion of Surgical Training (CCST) in General Surgery (Colorectal Surgery) – London Deanery UK
- Travelling Fellowship, Osaka Medical School, Osaka, Japan
- JAG certification for colonoscopy (level 1 and 2), flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diploma of Specialisation in General Surgery University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy
- Honorary Fellow in Colorectal Surgery University of Hull UK
- State Examination University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy
- Medical Degree by graduation thesis (Laurea in Medicina e Chirurgia) University of Naples, Italy
- Diploma “Liceo Scientifico” (A-Level equivalent) Scientific Liceum “G. Salvemini” Sorrento Italy
Insurers Mr Piero Nastro works with
Mr Piero Nastro works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Piero Nastro does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Piero Nastro does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Piero Nastro does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.