Born and raised in Newcastle upon Tyne, Philip Davey obtained his basic medical degree in Scotland before returning to the North-East of England for almost the entirety of his post-graduate training. His specialist open vascular surgical training was completed at the Freeman Hospital prior to taking up a sponsored, dedicated endovascular training fellowship in Perth, Western Australia.
In addition to the conventional open surgical management of both arterial and venous disease, he also has expertise for a combined comprehensive endovascular (X-Ray based) service such as peripheral angiography/angioplasty/stenting and endovenous techniques such as radio-frequency ablation and Venaseal (glue therapy). This contemporary and seamless approach to vascular disease offers a real improvement in management in terms of both expediency and unbiased, individually-tailored patient care. Mr Davey is the only dual-trained vascular surgeon within the North-East region offering these private healthcare services.
Since his appointment in 2010, he has played a fundamental role the ongoing regional vascular reconfiguration process and delivers his extremely popular and busy vascular and endovascular practise in the South Of Tyne and Wear Vascular Unit (Durham & Sunderland).
Endovascular and endovenous management of vascular disease
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Philip Davey at Nuffield Health
- Aortic stent grafts
- Carotid surgery
- Endovascular treatment
- Endovenous laser treatment
- Foam sclerotherapy
- Thread vein sclerotherapy
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Aneurysmal Disease Davey P, Wyatt MG In: Vascular Surgery. Davies A, Brophy C (Eds.): Springer Verlag, London; 2005. pp. 191-220
- The mid-term effect of bare metal suprarenal fixation on renal function following endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, Davey P, Rose J, Parkinson T, Wyatt MG, European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery (2006) 32: 516-522
- The referral pathway and day-case Carotid Endarterectomy at a district general hospital McMaster S, Davey P, Vetrivel S, CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery (2007) 6 (Suppl. 1): S29
- Impact on renal function after endovascular aneurysm repair with uncovered supra-renal fixation (SR-EVR) assessed by serum cystatin C Davey P, Peaston R, Rose J, Jackson RA, Wyatt MG European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery (2008) 35: 439-445
- Peripheral and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms Davey P, Rose JD, Wyatt MG In: Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (4th edition). Beard JD, Gaines PA (Eds.): Elsevier Saunders; 2009. pp 235-251
- The Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Society of Endovascular Therapy
- European Society for Vascular Surgery
Other post held
- South Of Tyne and Wear Vascular Unit (Durham & Sunderland)
Mr Philip Davey does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Philip Davey does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Philip Davey does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.