Mr Amit Patel is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust. He obtained his postgraduate training in eminent teaching centres in Wales, Yorkshire and London. He was awarded the prestigious Pfizer Ophthalmic Fellowship Award by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and undertook further subspecialty training in corneal transplant surgery and laser refractive with world renowned surgeons in Italy and Moorfields Eye Hospital, London.
Mr Patel is the clinical lead for Cataract and Corneal/External diseases in his NHS post and has clinics at Solihull, Birmingham Heartlands and Good Hope Hospitals.
He has published several book chapters and papers in peer reviewed journals and presented numerous papers and posters at both national and international meetings. Mr Patel has also been an invited speaker at various conferences and achieved several awards and prizes for his work.
- Multifocal and Toric intraocular lenses
- Refractive/Clear lens surgery
- Cataract surgery following previous laser refractive surgery
- Corneal Diseases
- Collagen Crosslinking
- Corneal Transplantation
- Contact lens related problems
- Dry eyes
Swimming, Sketching, Travelling, Motor racing, Aviation
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Amit Patel at Nuffield Health
- Eyelid cyst removal
- Refractive eye surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Lamellar (Partial thickness) corneal transplant techniques
- Improving outcomes in cataract surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Society for Refractive Surgery President
- United Kingdom & Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Amit Patel works with
Mr Amit Patel works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Amit Patel does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Amit Patel does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Amit Patel does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.