Mr Jaiswal is an award-winning Trauma & Orthopaedic Consultant with his NHS practice based at The Royal Free, a teaching hospital in London. He specialises in general and complex lower limb trauma. His elective duties include all aspects of hip and knee surgery with a special interest in sports injuries, young adult hip pathologies, hip and knee arthroscopy. There, he also leads the Young Adult Hip Unit, is the highest volume hip arthroscopist in his trust and regularly gets referrals from other consultants.
After completing his orthopaedic training (on the prestigious Stanmore program), he travelled to Calgary (Canada). This was a high-volume centre in simple, complex, and revision hip and knee replacements as well as hip arthroscopy. He was awarded the prestigious British Orthopaedic Association Soli Lam Travelling Fellowship to facilitate this.
Mr Jaiswal gained considerably more experience during his second fellowship at Frimley Park Hospital and further enhanced his hip and knee surgery skills.
He was awarded the British Hip Society Travelling Fellowship in 2018. This gave him the opportunity to visit one of the world’s most prestigious Hip and Knee centres in Vail, USA, to learn from Drs Marc Philippon, Joel Mata and Robert Laprade.
As a result of his patient-focused approach, collaborative multidisciplinary teamwork and advanced surgical skills, he won Orthopaedic Surgeon of the Year at The London and South East Prestige Awards in August 2022.
Mr Jaiswal specialises in all aspects of hip and knee surgery, sports injuries and trauma.
- Hip Arthroscopy and repair of labrum
- Minimally invasive hip replacement surgery (using enhanced recovery programs), including young patients
- Revision hip replacement surgery (re-do surgery for failing or loose joints)
- Minimally invasive total knee replacement surgery (using enhanced recovery programs)
- Knee arthroscopy with meniscal repair
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Sports injuries
- Joint preservation techniques including injections and bracing.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Parag Kumar Jaiswal at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip replacement
- Hip arthroscopy
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Hip Society
- British Association of Knee Surgeons
- International society of Hip Arthroscopy
- European Society Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Other posts held
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Consultant, Royal Free London NHS Trust