- Specialities General Surgery, Key Hole Surgery, Laparoscopy
- Telephone 0191 2816131
- Year of first qualification 1996
- Email Numan.Hamza@northumbria-healthcare.nhs.uk
- GMC Number 5208403
- Fax 0191 2811379
Mr Hamza has completed his training in General Surgery in the North East of England and was appointed to the post of Consultant Surgeon at the Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. He was awarded a Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) for research from the University of Manchester.
He specialises in Benign Upper GI and Laparoscopic Surgery. The commonest procedures he performs are keyhole surgery to remove the gallbladder and hernia surgery.
He has a special interest in oesophageal physiology studies and is responsible for the analysis and reporting at the North Tyneside General Hospital.
- Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
General and Laparoscopic Surgery.
1. Analysis and reporting of oesophageal physiology (manometry, 24 hour pH, and impedance).
2. Upper GI endoscopy.
3. Teaching final year medical students.
Travelling and reading especially books related to history.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- The Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (AUGIS).
- The British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS).
- The British Hernia Society.
- North of England Surgical Society.
Mr Hamza has published several articles on benign and malignant upper GI conditions and in the field of bariatric surgery. Also, he presented at national and international conferences.
His current project is the Sunflower study; a national randomised controlled trial to investigate the yield of preoperative MRCP in patients with a low to intermediate risk of common bile duct stones.
DeclarationMr Numan Hamza works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Numan Hamza does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Numan Hamza does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Numan Hamza does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.