Mr Hamza has completed his training in General Surgery in the North East of England and was appointed to the post of Consultant Surgeon at the Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. He was awarded a Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) for research from the University of Manchester.
He specialises in Benign Upper GI, Bariatric, and Laparoscopic Surgery. The commonest procedures he performs are keyhole surgery to remove the gallbladder, hernia surgery, and weight loss surgery.
He has a special interest in oesophageal physiology studies and is responsible for the analysis and reporting at the Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
General, weight loss, and Laparoscopic
- Analysis and reporting of oesophageal physiology (manometry, 24 hour pH, and impedance)
- Upper GI endoscopy
- Teaching final year medical students
Travelling and reading especially books
related to history
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Numan Hamza at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Excisional biopsy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery
- Hernia repair
- Excision of skin lesion
- Reflux surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
Mr Hamza has published several articles on benign and malignant upper GI conditions and in the field of bariatric surgery. Also, he presented at national and international conferences.
His current project is the Sunflower
study; a national randomised controlled trial to investigate the yield of
preoperative MRCP in patients with a low to intermediate risk of common bile
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- The Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (AUGIS)
- The British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- The British Hernia Society
- North of England Surgical Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Numan Hamza works with
Mr Numan Hamza works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Numan Hamza does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Numan Hamza does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Numan Hamza does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.