After completing his undergraduate and post graduate surgical training in Mumbai, Mr Awsare obtained an MD for his translational research into Bladder Cancer at the Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, Cardiff University. He then underwent Higher Specialist Training in the South Wales Urology Training programme. During this time, he developed a special interest in the surgical and medical management of kidney stones, including their prevention whilst working in a metabolic stone clinic. He also developed experience in the laparoscopic management of kidney cancer.
Mr Awsare carries out his private practice at the Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital, Chester and NHS practice at the Countess of Chester and Arrowe Park Hospitals. He is currently the only Urologist at the Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital offering laparoscopic (key-hole) surgery for benign and cancerous kidney disease including the removal of non-functioning kidneys and treatment of kidney cancer. Mr Awsare has also received training in the performance of the revolutionary new minimally invasive treatment for enlarged prostates- the Urolift® procedure, which has received NICE approval.
Mr Awsare serves as the Clinical Audit Lead for Urology at the Countess of Chester Hospital and as an Educational Supervisor for Foundation Trainee Doctors
Mr Awsare has an interest in post-graduate training and serves as an Educational Supervisor for Foundation Trainee Doctors.
Other clinical interests include:
- LUTS/ BPH (Prostate problems)
- Endoscopic (including laser) management of urinary stones and their prevention
- Key-hole surgery (Laparoscopy) for Kidney cancer
- Inguino-scrotal surgery (including circumcision, frenuloplasty, epididymal cyst surgery, hydrocele repair, varicocoele and vasectomy)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Female urinary incontinence
Cycling, running and cooking
English, Hindi and Marathi
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ninaad Awsare at Nuffield Health
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
- Prostate surgery
- Prostate screening
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
- Endoscopic kidney stone treatment
Mr Awsare undertook full-time translational research into the mechanism of metastasis in bladder cancer and investigated the putative role of protein molecules in preventing this metastasis. He was awarded an MD by Cardiff University for his research. He published the findings in Oncology Reports and also presented them at various national and international meetings.
He was also involved in obtaining ethical committee approval and setting up a tissue bank of specimens retrieved from patients undergoing surgery for bladder cancer; for use in basic scientific research into bladder cancer.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
Other post held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Nuffield Health Chester, The Grosvenor Hospital
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, The Countess of Chester Hospital
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Arrowe Park Hospital
Insurers Mr Ninaad Awsare works with
Mr Ninaad Awsare works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Ninaad Awsare does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ninaad Awsare does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ninaad Awsare does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.