After completing his undergraduate and postgraduate surgical training in Mumbai, Mr Awsare obtained an MD for his translational research into Bladder Cancer at the Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, Cardiff University. He then underwent Higher Specialist Training in the South Wales Urology Training programme. During this time, he developed a special interest in the surgical and medical management of kidney stones, including their prevention whilst working in a metabolic stone clinic. He also developed experience in the laparoscopic management of kidney cancer.
Mr Awsare carries out his private practice at the Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital, Chester and Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Wirral and NHS practice at the Countess of Chester Hospital. Mr Awsare has also received training in the performance of the revolutionary minimally invasive treatment for enlarged prostates- the Urolift® procedure, which has received NICE approval.
Mr Awsare serves as the Clinical Lead for Urology at the Countess of Chester Hospital and as an Educational Supervisor for Foundation Trainee and Higher Specialty Trainee Doctors. He is on the Specialty Training and Education Committee for Urology at Health Education England- North West. He is also the Chair of the Cheshire and Wirral Benign Urology Area Network.
Benign and cancerous conditions
of the bladder, prostate and testis; erectile dysfunction; female urinary
- LUTS/ BPH (Prostate problems), Urolift
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary stones
- Kidney stone prevention
- Prosatitis, PSA testing
- Testicular pain
- Bladder pain, Overactive bladder
- Blood in urine (Haematuria)
- Testicular lumps and swelling
- Foreskin problems
- Erectile dysfunction
- Peyronies disease
- Kidney cysts
- Urological cancers
- Endoscopic (including laser) management of urinary stones and their prevention
- Inguino-scrotal surgery (including circumcision, frenuloplasty, epididymal cyst surgery, hydrocele repair and vasectomy)
- Bladder Botox injections
- Bladder cancer surgery (TURBT)
- Prostate biopsy/ transrectal ultrasound scan
Cycling, running and cooking.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ninaad Awsare at Nuffield Health
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
- Prostate surgery
- Prostate screening
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
- Endoscopic kidney stone treatment
Mr Awsare undertook full-time translational research into the mechanism of metastasis in bladder cancer and investigated the putative role of protein molecules in preventing this metastasis. He was awarded an MD by Cardiff University for his research. He published the findings in Oncology Reports and also presented them at various national and international meetings.
He was also involved in obtaining ethical committee approval and setting up a tissue bank of specimens retrieved from patients undergoing surgery for bladder cancer; for use in basic scientific research into bladder cancer.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- Urological Society of India
Other posts held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Nuffield Health Chester, The Grosvenor Hospital
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, The Countess of Chester Hospital
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Arrowe Park Hospital
Insurers Mr Ninaad Awsare works with
Mr Ninaad Awsare works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Ninaad Awsare does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ninaad Awsare does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ninaad Awsare does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.