Mr Shergill is an Orthopaedic Spinal Surgery Consultant having originally been appointed to University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (UHCW).
He did all his surgical training in the North West Thames Deanery before spending one year as a Spinal Research Fellow and one year as a Spinal Clinical Fellow at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, one of the largest spinal specialist centres in the world.
Mr Shergill is a strong advocate for evidence based management of patients’ conditions and indeed for several years organised and lead the Masters Level module ‘Evidence based management of Back Pain’ at the University of Warwick.
He also works closely with his two spinal colleagues Mr Robert Sneath and Mr Ahmed Abdelaal, as well as the Spinal Radiologists, to take part in regular MDTs (multidisciplinary team meetings) to ensure safe and appropriate patient treatment plans.
Mr Shergill sees and manages patients with all types of spine and neck problems.
- Spinal diseases and conditions
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Spinal pain in under 18s
- Neurological leg or arm pain
- Sequelae of spinal injuries / trauma
- Work related back pain
- Orthopaedic disorders
- Facet joint injections
- Nerve root injections
- Transforaminal injections
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nilam Shergill at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Correction of scoliosis
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Nerve surgery
- Trigger Point Injections
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Image guided joint injections
- Facet joint injections
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Nerve blocks
- Biomechanics of spinal implants
- Outcomes of spinal injections
- Use of external fixators in fracture healing
- Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association
Insurers Mr Nilam Shergill works with
Mr Nilam Shergill works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- The Exeter Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Nilam Shergill does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nilam Shergill does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nilam Shergill does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.