Mr Shergill was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon to University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust in April 1999. Prior to this he did his surgical training in the north-west London hospital rotation. He undertook specialist spinal training at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
Prior to starting in Coventry, he was the Zimmer Spinal Fellow for one year and then a Clinical Fellow in spinal surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
Mr Shergill sees and manages patients with all types of spine and neck problems.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Back pain and sciatica
- Sports spine
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nilam Shergill at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy surgery
- Spinal decompression
- Correction of scoliosis
- Trigger Point Injections
- Facet joint injections
- Image guided joint injections
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Nerve blocks
- Nerve surgery
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire
- Honorary Associated Clinical Professor, University of Warwick
Mr Nilam Shergill does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nilam Shergill does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nilam Shergill does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.