Nick is an experienced, fellowship-trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. He specialises in upper limb surgery and complex trauma, treating most conditions of the upper limb. He was appointed to an NHS consultant post at the internationally renowned Barts Health NHS Trust, which includes one of the busiest trauma units in the country at the Royal London Hospital.
Nick trained in London, being awarded numerous prizes, undertook a fellowship at Addenbrooke’s Hospital and was awarded a travelling fellowship to North America to visit some of the most influential and pioneering upper limb surgeons.
Nick has previously worked as a Clinical Fellow to the National Medical Director, during which time worked on healthcare policy and regulation. Nick sits on various national and regional committees including the British Orthopaedic Association’s Orthopaedic committee, for which he is the vice chair. He continues to be involved in various streams of work with NHS England.
Nick has written three surgical textbooks, numerous book chapters and has published research in international peer-reviewed journals. He continues to pursue an academic career and acts as a co-PI (Principal Investigator) on national research projects.
He has led a large study on the psychosocial impact of musculoskeletal disease. His contribution to teaching has led to the award of Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Nick is a firm believer of providing a comprehensive and well-rounded approach to the treatment of orthopaedic disorders using the most up to date technology and pioneering methods. He works closely with leading physiotherapists and anaesthetists in a well-balanced team, intervening surgically only where appropriate.
- Fractures and sports-related injuries of the shoulder, elbow and wrist
- Keyhole (arthroscopic) treatment of the shoulder and elbow, including treatment of tendon injuries and arthritis
- Rotator cuff repair
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of arthritis of the shoulder and elbow (including joint replacement and comprehensive keyhole surgery)
- Treatment of the dislocating shoulder and elbow (instability)
- Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome treatment
- Ganglion treatment
- Tendon repairs (including biceps tendon)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nick Aresti at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Excision of a ganglion
- Shoulder decompression - keyhole surgery
- Hand surgery
- Stiff elbow release
- Shoulder replacement
- Elbow surgery
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Tennis elbow release
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Elbow & Shoulder Society (BESS)
Other posts held
- Barts Health NHS Trust