Mr Nezar Tumia
MB BCh, FRCS (Ed), FRCS (Tr & Orth), MD
GMC number: 4680084
Practicing since: 1993
- Wednesday 5.30 - weekly
Or call us on
Mr Tumia is an orthopaedic consultant surgeon with a specialist interest in hip and knee surgery at the Nuffield Health Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital. His principal clinical interest is the primary and revision (re-do) reconstruction arthroplasty of the hip and knee joints. He is also interested in hip arthroscopy (keyhole surgery) in dealing with sport-related hip disorders. With regards to the knee joint, Mr Tumia is interested in the different types of partial knee replacements including the patellofemoral joint (the knee cap). Knee arthroscopy surgery includes meniscal cartilage repair, meniscal trimming and chondroplasty.
Mr Tumia completed his high speciality training in Aberdeen after finishing the degree of MD (Doctorate of Medicine) in research on cartilage regeneration. He has published and presented many papers on topics related to the hip, the knee and also wound infection.
Mr Tumia travelled to Toronto in 2007 to work in the renowned St Michaels Hospital for a fellowship in complex hip and knee joint reconstruction. He carried out a large number of knee and hip arthroplasty achieving high patient satisfaction.
- Hip and knee primary and revision (re-do) arthroplasty.
- Hip and knee arthroscopic (Keyhole) surgery
- Primary and complex hip and knee replacement
- Revision surgery for hip and knee replacement
- Hip resurfacing for young adults
- Hip, knee and ankle arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nezar Tumia at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip revision
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Hip replacement
- Patellofemoral joint replacement
- Trauma reconstruction
- Hip resurfacing
Locations Mr Nezar Tumia works with
His past research interest included computer-guided hip resurfacing, recovery following hip resurfacing, wound infection and knee cartilage and tissue engineering.
He published and presented his research work nationally and
internationally and won prizes such as the best paper award in
- British Orthopaedic Association
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British hip society
- British Association of surgery of the knee
- International society of orthopaedics and traumatology
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the North East Surgery Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead
Insurers Mr Nezar Tumia works with
Mr Nezar Tumia works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Medical Care Direct
Mr Nezar Tumia does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nezar Tumia does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nezar Tumia does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.