Mr Hashmi is an established Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in Lower Limb Joint Reconstruction and Hip and Knee Replacement. He completed his Higher Specialist Orthopaedic Training in Northern Deanery, Newcastle.
Joint Replacement and Reconstruction Fellowship: Sub Specialist training in Joint Reconstruction and Cartilage Transplant at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, which is the Specialist National Orthopaedic Hospital.
He completed his sub-specialist training in hip replacement surgery with Ms Muirhead - Allwood, Surgeon to the HRH The Queen Mother.
Mr Hashmi carried out visiting Fellowships at the following:
- West Ontario University Hospital, London, Ontario, Canada
- Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital, Oxford
- The Endo Clinic, Hamburg, Germany
- Complex National Trauma Fellowship in Sheffield
- Faculty in Hip and Knee Surgical training at Newcastle Surgical Training Centre, Freeman Hospital
- Primary Hip and Knee Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing, Mid Head Resection and Bone Preserving Surgery
- Knee Joint Reconstruction and Cartilage Transplant
- Hip Revision Arthroplasty
- Knee Revision Arthroplasty
- Lower Limb Surgery
- Young hip and knee diseases.
- Complex joint reconstruction
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Munawar Hashmi at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip revision
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Hip replacement
- Tibial osteotomy
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Patellofemoral joint replacement
- Hip resurfacing
Mr Hashmi is actively involved in the research related to the hip and knee disease. There are several on-going projects on this subject. The group presented their work in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, British Hip Society, British Orthopaedic Association meetings and European Federation of Orthopaedic Association.
- Ten years clinical, radiological and metal ion analysis of Birmingham hip resurfacing, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 2012
- Change in tourniquet application practice. What did we observe? EFFORT 2012
- Up to 8.5 years follow-up of Birmingham Hip Resurfacing: Functional results & Lessons learned, Orthopaedics Today, USA. May 2007
- The management of chronic Osteomyelitis using the Lautenbach method, Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery Br 2004; 86-B:269-75.
- The value of prognostic scoring system in the rehabilitation of elderly patients with proximal femoral fractures. M A Hashmi, AS Rigby & KHA Wahab, International Journal of Clinical Practice, January 2004, 58:1; 2-5.
- Treatment of displaced bi-condyler tibial plateau fractures (OTA-41C2&3) in patients older than 60 years of age. A Ali, M Hashmi, M Burton & M Saleh, Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma Vol 17, No 5: 346-352.
- Early results of Birmingham hip resurfacing. M Hashmi, M Burton & JPHolland, Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery -B: Vol 85-B SII 2003; 158.
- American association of hip and knee surgeons
- British medical association
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Reconstruction Unit, Freeman Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Nuffield Health Hospital Newcastle
Mr Munawar Hashmi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Munawar Hashmi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Munawar Hashmi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.